Does anybody have a decent pivot point indicator for MT4?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Does anybody have a decent pivot point indicator for MT4?

johnnykanoo is offline FX-Men Honorary Member

Default Does anybody have a decent pivot point indicator for MT4?

Guys I'm looking for a decent pivot point indicator for mt4. I need one that can calculate pivots from 12 midnight to 12 midnight eastern. Also I am looking for one with nice clean lines. I can't stand the ones with lines that zig zag and look crazy. I am more or less looking for just horizontal lines that can be low profile.

Also I found one that was decent but I can't figure out the timezone setting? it is a numerical value.

Thanks guys
    come visit my new blog forexferacity.com show me some love :-)

Sweet Pip is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    Here's the one I use. It has several additional features that you can turn on or off like camarilla lines, fibs, sweet spot price ending levels (50 & 00), etc. It also allows the ability to calculate different from/to times ...I also use it to calculate midnight EST.

My broker is GMT which is 4:00 am when it's midnight EST so the input for DestTimeZone is -4, and LocalTimeZone is 0

Hope that's what you're looking for.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sweet Pip; 08-25-2010 at 12:02 AM.
    zayed likes this.
    Success is getting what you want...Happiness is wanting what you get!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

thanks sweet pips I will check it out. Im planning to use pivots like ICT does.

TalonD is offline FX-Men Honorary Member
    speaking of ICT I havn't been to his blog lately. What's going on there? Is there much activity, does he show up in the chat room for live trading ?

qwertymyfx is offline Superior Master Contributor and Member
    pivots are ok, but they are often unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by TalonD View Post
    speaking of ICT I havn't been to his blog lately. What's going on there? Is there much activity, does he show up in the chat room for live trading ?
    I don't know either. I check out his blog & forum occassionally, but I havn't been in the chat room all summer. I'm under the impression ICT trades much less during the summer months due to the lower volume, so expecting more of him this fall.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnykanoo View Post
    thanks sweet pips I will check it out. Im planning to use pivots like ICT does.
    Yes I try to too. This indicator also has the previous days high/low & todays open lines too which also fits well with ICT's method. I've mainly been using it to scalp when I get a convergence of pivots and a couple of other S&R type lines and a chart pattern. I've been having moderate success so far.

pivots are ok, but they are often unreliable.
    Besides my ea adventure my trading style is discretionary. I don't care for indicators even divergence in itself kind a sucks. I look at support and resistance and I use things like pivots only to help confirm a bias. I put much more weight into previous day hi/lo and s/r. atm I have been doing well with my trading. My discipline is getting up at 2am eastern to trade. I'm not great at picking tops and bottoms all though I still try. Mostly I trade counter trend moves and breakouts.
    Last edited by johnnykanoo; 08-25-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: typos

Yes I try to too. This indicator also has the previous days high/low & todays open lines too which also fits well with ICT's method. I've mainly been using it to scalp when I get a convergence of pivots and a couple of other S&R type lines and a chart pattern. I've been having moderate success so far.

It is a very nice indicator. btw thanks for the idea about Chris Lori over at ICT's forum. I went through like the first 4 or 5 cds so far and I think they are great and I highly recommend them to anyone who is struggling to succeed. Best of all I found them for free

Quote Originally Posted by johnnykanoo View Post
    It is a very nice indicator. btw thanks for the idea about Chris Lori over at ICT's forum. I went through like the first 4 or 5 cds so far and I think they are great and I highly recommend them to anyone who is struggling to succeed. Best of all I found them for free
    I also have a separate weekly & monthly pivot indicator which is very simple too if you'd like.

I still haven't watched the Chris Lori's videos...mine are still packed..lol..I really must try to unpack and start watching them this weekend....

Forum Sponsors
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast