What are the most volatile hours within in the Asian session, and why?

I’ve noticed that the Asian session starts off quick then slows down, but sometimes suddenly starts making big moves and dies down again. Anyone else notice this and know why it happens? And more importantly, does it reoccur each day at specific times, for instance, when certain Asian banks open?

Why don’t you look at your chart and determine it for yourself?

It’s as easy as posting lines on a 1 hour chart.

If you’re going to ever succeed at this, you have to be willing to roll your sleeves up and do a little work. You see a possibility, you examine it further.

It ain’t like digging ditches. It’s just a little brain work.

for me None ! :smiley:

It’s not hard work, it’s doing the right thing at the right time! SIMPLES.

look at EURUSD, the most volatile hours? when the volatility is there then - trade, don’t wait for it!

If you use Metatrader you can have it show volume. Notice there is always a spike in volume approximately 21 or 22:00 GMT

No there isn’t!

I think it should be 21 to 23 (GMT +0). Asian bank normally open at 9:00am at their time.

Sorry to say but the most volatile time in the Asian session is when the London session opens. Hehehe :smiley:

I always get time zones mixed up. that should be around 2am GMT… there it is, the peak on the left. that’s when things start picking up.

I agree with Barb. The of the European coincides with the closing of the Tokyo session and you usually see lots of action. If you want an objective measurement, the ATR is one of the best indicators, just remember it is lagging though.

I think Asian sessions mainly linked with London session or NewYork session. So these hours are good to trade in Asian session.

First few hours because everyone is waking up to the news and adjusting their positions accordingly and the last few hours because all 'a dem day traders are taking profit and jumping ship!

It’s volatile at 12 am gmt because that’s when the market opens and volatile towards the end because it starts overlapping with the London session thus increased liquidity which equates to increased volatility. London market opens 8 am GMT fyi and Asian session (Japan) closes at like 9 am or something. So in that hour you have relative volatility.