Hello am a newbie too

Am new to the world of trading but I would love to learn. I always see stock tickers all around …I never understand it too well and am hoping to pick up some really good pointers here from all the obvious professionals that are on site:)

welcome my friend. We are all here to help in whatever way we can

Welcome to the board! :slight_smile:
We all love to learn here!

Good luck,
Bye

Sorry, this question might have been asked, but I couldn’t find it. How much money (Minimum) is required to start trading? Thanks.

Hello there

I recomend you to take a time and read babypips school whole - College : The number one Cause of deth Forex Trader -> Leverdge The Killer and below .I think that you will find your answer there.

Best regards

Vladimir.

I’d say 1-5K…but ideally 10k

There is no ideal answer as far as i’m concerned. It will depend on the nature of your trading style and what your return expecations are. Long term traders will have to tolerate bigger swings in the market so they need larger balances. Day traders on the other hand, require smaller balances because their stops are tighter.

I think you really have to look at your methodology and what your typical stop loss is. Although i would not advise this necessarily, you could trade a micro account (where pip values are 0.10/pip for example) with as little as 500.00. If you run the calculation, you would see that you could feasibly take a trade risking 1% of the capital while using a 40 pip stop loss.

Thank you for welcoming me… i feel welcomed

That’s my intentions also. To go through the course in its entirety

Welcome to this world of trading and wish you good luck!

Welcome little franciscan and good luck to you