Formal education in 'Forex'

Right now, my major will be in ‘international finance/business’ {particularly Asia} but I started trading Forex & have been pretty successful so far.

I want to expand as much as can in the ‘formal’ aspect of this, I understand everything {as far as the engine of it all} now.

This might help others out here to…

But what is a list of all the educational opportunities as far as formal education in the forex market. Forex example, the Degree, certifications, etc.

This is for info only & hopefully it will help others out, if there is a decent list, I will post it all with an ‘Edit’.

Thanks

As per se I haven’t heard of formal education specifically forex oriented.

But there are some certifications that can help with your credentials. Just that, your credentials. You don’t need them to be a profitable trader, but if you want professional recognition then it’s a good step to take. Along with your track record, there are some certifications that you can pursue.

Regarding Technical Analysis you have MTA and IFTA, among others I guess. Both organisations offer reputable certifications. Check their websites and you can read the whole programs.

Those certifications demonstrate that you are proficient in TA, not that you’re profitable or a good trader.

On the other hand you have CFA, which is a very reputable certification worldwide not only in the markets but in finance in general.

It’s up to you to decide which certification to take, depending on what career path you want to follow.

In order to make a choice, you can contact reputable institutions in order to ask them directly which qualifications do they look for in a candidate for a position with the profile that you’re looking to develop and build your credentials based on that.

The largest canadian banks, look for CFA candidates in order to consider them for their Capital Markets training program, which includes a rotation in Trading.

Scotiabank Market Reports addressed to institutional investors, are written by CFA holders.

So there’s an example of reputable credentials, and I’d also like to know what others exist.

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

I got my degree in Forex from the Skool o’ Forex website. Only took 3 weeks, and they even gave me a free Forex tote bag and clock radio.

Lol, nowadays they’re kind of cheap, I only got the clock, with no radio at all. :smiley:

I don’t really know why anybody would want a formal professional Forex certification. Surely, in Forex, ultimately you want to work for yourself so certification has no impact. Even if you were to work for a firm, provable track record with lots of £££££££££ is worth far more than a degree of any sort.

If there’s anything I learned from my Accounting and Finance degree and then going into employment, it’s that my degree only helped open a door (I would actually say it was more my interview). As far as crossover knowledge actually in the job, it was minimal and I was essentially learning a new subject.