For those who know a trading day can be long and sometimes boring!

Hey,

Just wondering if anybody wants to form a msn multi person chat during trading days? I am actually thinking not neccessarily to discuss specific trades being taken. More a general place to chat about whatever. Things like football, what’s on the news etc. Also not somewhere that you have to be active all the time, just somewhere that you can chat if you want to in between reading, taking trades etc.

The only thing I miss about leaving work to trade is the social aspect. So anybody who is interested, feel free to put down or pm me your msn address and I’ll send out chat invites when you log on to msn. Btw I’m from the UK so on GMT but normally trade from 05:45 to late. Hopefully get a decent daily number together…

I always think its a shame that the chatrooms never seem to hit it off, theres a few decent ones about but the busiest I’ve been in is NickB’s one but that’s all directly related to forex.

Would leave my msn but I don’t use it so I’m a bit hopeless lol but quite often go out on walks and bike rides where I meet quite a few folk for the next time you’re a bit bored!

does anyone use IRC anymore ?

I don’t use it…

Nope, never use it either…

IRC what does that stand for “In the Room Conversation”.I would have to drag the newspaper boy in at 3am.:stuck_out_tongue: Everytime he see,s me he wants a tip for putting the paper on my porch!

I think it’s a ‘grand idea’ (I suffer from the same ‘phenomenon’).

I don’t have MSN but YM (and they interface with each other but I think it only works for ‘one-on-one’ conversations but not too sure).

There MUST be somewhere on the Internet some type of ‘free chat portal’ or something like that (that does not require the installation of software and stuff like that)??? What about the BabyPips Chat come to think of it??? Of course: we could also ‘tweet’??? LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Now you KNOW I’m playing ‘catch up’!!! LOL!!!

I like ‘tweets’ (I get ‘tweets’ from Margarat Brennan of Bloomberg every few minutes)!!! LOL!!! (Well I used to i.e. I’ve ‘dissed’ her now because ‘she doth tweet too much’ and it’s distracting)!!! LOL!!!

Actually if you want to have a laugh then take a look at these two YouTube clips (David Letterman and Twitter):

YouTube - David Letterman - Dave Tweets

and

YouTube - Letterman - Kevin Spacey Tweets with Dave

At least I’m not THAT bad!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

P.S. I uploaded a YouTube video ONCE and it was deleted due to copyright infringement (it was nothing more than an ‘ode’ to my favourite band and front lady and they DELETED it but I can watch ENTIRE DARN RIPPED DVD VIDEO of the same thing on YouTube and THOSE clips have not been removed)!!! LOL!!!

What is the address of your YouTube video??? I’d love to take a look.

If I recall, they use to have a chat room here, but it was pretty dead most of the time.

Wouldn’t Skype give you what you are after? Free instant messaging? My trading group use it for just this purpose.

Can you setup persistent groups in skype?

You can set up a group populated from within your contacts list, then save that group to your contacts, so that when you open a conversation you can do so with the group within your contacts list rather than just with an individual, yes.

well doesn’t seem like a great deal of interest so I think this idea is canned!

Ah well, back to just singing along to music in between trades and having conversations with myself.