MT4 - set visualization default?

Anyway in MT4 to set a default setting for which time periods objects apear on? I get tired of unselecting all the option so I can have fibs or lines just show up on a certain time period.

Thanks!

Set the chart up how you want it to be. save it as template and name it “default”. Each time you open a new chart it will load that template. Or you can make several templates and load any of them at any time: Charts/Templates/Load Template

Thanks for the reply. Not quite what I was asking. I don’t think there is a way but what I want to do is be able to draw my fib levels on a 15 minute chart and, when I switch the chart over to 1h or daily the line isn’t visable. I know how to set the option to do that, but I draw tons of fibs each day and I get tired of going into the options and deselecting all the times I don’t want.

Thanks anway. Probably just a laziness problem on my part. LOL.

Uuh, when inserting any object on mt4 like a line or text or everything there is the tabs on the box for 'common 'parameters and ‘visualization’. In the visualization tab uncheck the ‘show on all TF’ box and check those you want to show the object on.

I hope you know exactly what you want with the feature so I wont go on about how I use it? Okay you asked.

For s+r lines, the way they overpopulate the charts by the time half of them are there. Start setting them on MN1 coming to the lower timeframes. A line is only set visible for that and th lower TF so its neater when you zoom really out. And you wont need three charts one for 15 one for h1 and another for d1 like noobs do it? Kidding.

For the Ichimoku, the way it is pretty much useless on all other TF other than d1 and h4? Here I add two lines on d1 showing the Ks and Ts levels so I still see them on h4 in a minimal way.

For naming complex labeling of waves, not necessarily the EW it causes a sour taste in some mouths but back in the days for two-stepping the E$/$F hedge, or gartleys or something.

Other cool stuff like having everything all neat just once and using it forever. Say for naming every object in the ‘common’ tab and giving it a description so as to see all these in a glance by mousing cursor over the object no matter what TF you’re on and setting very precise s+r readings, like 1.360002 so it displays a perfect round number I can remember as easy as my puppy’s name?

To save everything go to driveC > programme files > mt4 folder, save the folder profiles, history and config for when your rig goes crazy in the registry and you install everything fresh, but if you change servers with your broker its all gone!

I hope thats it? If it isn’t please rephrase your query. See diagrams elsewhere.

Fibbs on mt4 have a way of remembering exactly what the last fib configured (in the aforementioned window) such that if the last one you closed the box with visualization tab up, then when you click the fibs icon it bring it up like that.

The trick is to have on each chart the three types of fib closed like an umbrella on the side. So if you have a new chart and want a fibo expansion, go to one you have already set double-click on it twice (to select and deselect) go to your new chart click fibo tool and you have a fib configured exactly except for visualization which is always default.

Someone in the psychology thread mentioned about learning how to clap with one hand…

1 Like

Well lazy or not, it would be handy…lol. For some reason it won’t retain any changes to those settings like it does for other setting…ie if I change the color, or turn the ray on/off on trendlines, etc, then each subsequent time I use the tool it will default to those changes until I change it again, but for the visualization options, it stays with the original defaults no matter what I changed it to last time.

For me, since I use 3 set of fibs on a chart, I like to be able to have 3 different colors to differentiate them, and each time I use the tool, I have to keep changing the colors…PITA.

I think the only solution (unless MT5 has another) is once we put a tool on a chart, then just keep re-positioning it instead of deleting it and adding it again…:wink:

I think you right. Oh well, was worth asking. Btw im using mt5 now and there is no change from mt4 in this regard. Thanks anyway!