A Question About The Pipsology School

Hello,

I’m brand new to forex and to this site. I’ve started studying at the school on this site and it seems to be an excellent way to learn about forex. But is there an exam at the end of each section?

Welcome Pipsempire. No exams, just summaries at the end of each section. You are definitely right about the school of Pipsology being a great way to learn. Once you get into it I would recommend getting a demo account with a broker and trying out the things your learning. Makes the learning experience much more hands on. GL and please feel free to ask any questions. There are tons of people on this forum ready to help.

Thanks for your help Grandmaster Pip. A couple of more questions…first what does the term “GL” mean? Also, when do you think is a good time to start looking for a demo account? And do you have any suggestions as to a good demo account to start with?

GL means Good luck! I definitely wish the best to anyone else who is learning a difficult skill such as this. I trade using the oanda platform and I chart all my trades using alpari’s metatrader 5 platform. Both of these companies have demo accounts you can sign up for. I would get to know metatrader because many people use it for charting, regardless of what company you end up using as your broker.

In case you don’t know MetaTrader is a trading platform put out by a third party company. Many brokers offer the option of trading under their trading software or using Metatrader. Here’s the link to the one from alpari: Forex trading (FX) with Alpari UK - Online currency trading

As far as a “good time” to look for a demo account I would do so whenever you are ready to try out the things you are learning on babypips.