Just switched to MT4 from brokers platform

Switched my account so I can use MT4 after using the brokers platform.

Any good guides for using MT4?

& my first question for MT4, any way to save my color scheme for charts?

click on chart
click on template
click on save

save your template - this keeps whatever indicators, changes to background - etc. . .

then for a new chart - simply choose chart - - template - - load - -

hope that helps

Thanks for reply, but I was hoping for just a color scheme save, not template. Because I might have a different setup where I need to change the colors.

But thanks for reply.

Save a template for EACH setup e.g. with different name =

Green bars with XXXX indicators

White bars with XXXX indicators

Yellow bars with XXXX indicators

Doesn’t get any simpler than that, or save the color scheme, then apply indicators, up to you, make it easy or hard as you want :wink:

I was just hoping that you can save color schemes themselves.

That would be the simplest for me, I guess you can’t though. Can’t find anything to indicate that you can, what about guides, tutorials for MT4, I kept hearing good things about MT4 & it is quite different from the brokers platform, but I would like to be-able to reference it to something instead of having to figure everything out myself.

You are on the internet, other forums on the net have complete threads dedicated to the Metatrader experience; do a search I am sure you will find your answer, I just found this on Youtube, which is often the first place I turn to when I want to learn something new :wink:

EDUCATIONAL LINK ONLY = YouTube - Secrets of MetaTrader Lesson 1: Adding Price Levels to Fibs