Stochastic Oscillator and MACD settings

Hi, I just have a couple questions regarding Stochastics and MACD Histogram.

Currently, I have been using a system where I use stochastics and general candlestick, chart patterns with trendlines (S&R). Since I consider myself a (to-be) daytrader and swingtrader my current settings for stochastics are 5, 3, 3.
Lately, I’ve found that I’ve been getting whipsawed quite a bit and I know the MACD and Stochastics work pretty well together.

My first question is are those stochastic settings ideal for what I’m doing?
And secondly, are the default 12, 26, 9 settings for the MACD suitable to be paired up with my Stochastic settings of 5, 3, 3. And if not what would be a more preferred setting?

Thank you,
Clark.

Edit: Thank you for deleting my second post, my computer had some connection problems. =)

There are no ideal peramiters for for day trading or certain indicator combinations. It all depends on what market you are trading and what, exactly, you are trying to achive.

Backtest - optimise - then forward test…

Generally speaking - if small twaeks in indicator setting makes the difference between prifitable trades and whipsaws - its a pretty good indication that the ruling concept is not robust…

Those settings are fine for day trading, i use those exact settings, but the stoch and macd i use more as confirmation rather than the signal alone

Ashfra laidi uses 9, 3, 3. he’s a well-known analyst so you could copy him also