Mq4/mq5 convertor

don’t know where to put this tread so i decided to put it here at the newbies tread because i’m still a newbie myself.I’m looking for a mq4/mq5 convertor.If i can get one free that will be great but i am willing to pay for it.

My broker will run mt5 and mt4 from early next year then after some times has passed they will drop mt4 making all my mt4 indicators useless.This is gonna take a long time to happen they are not gonna drop mt4 overnight nevertheless i don’t want to wait till the last moment to sort this out…plus mt5 may be a lot better than mt4 with new fancy ‘‘gadgets’’ and stuff.

So if you know of a converter free or not please drop a link or piont me in the right direction.

thanks

I’m writing a parser/compiler that will convert MQ4 to MQ5.

HOWEVER, you WILL need the MQ4 source code to convert.

It will NOT work on already compiled programs, the reverse engineering is too time-consuming and difficult.

I am sure there are others embarking on this task as this situation will affect many people. I will let you know how I progress.

In addition, I wouldn’t be surprised if Meta-Trader in the upcoming months releases their own version, they really can’t be that dense.

I’m making my own because like you, I don’t want to wait until the last-minute or be at the mercy or risk the possibility that somebody charges for such a tool after it does get developed.

Here’s a link to get you started.

*** Converting MQL 4 to MQL 5

Note that is is NOT my software.

Use at your own risk.

I am still writing my own because when it comes to forex and trading, I don’t really trust anybody but myself. I’ve worked in the software industry before and I know how easy it is for a compiler to add its’ own malicious code inside.

This link apparently, it does a source code to source code version, so you can double check if it adds anything it shouldn’t. It looks promising.

Have a look, use at your own risk.

I think anybody expecting a conversion script to produce an MT5 version that works as well as the MT4 version is going to be very disappointed. I looked at the website link in the last posting and noticed that the MQL5 code produced still had compile errors. This means that a coder is required to fix the errors and do some testing and even then there is no guarantee that the code will work as intended.

I have done some conversions of my own and it took as much time as to write the original MT4 code. I know this will get better with more experience, but the biggest concern will be testing and I don’t think that will be easy. I won’t go into all the techie details of why the conversion can’t be automated, but I will say that non coders won’t be able to do the conversion. Even for coders, there will be a challenge when working on unfamiliar code to figure out what the code was intended to do.

hello guys

I found another one but i’m having trouble understanding how it works.Have a look

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/christo/Desktop/mq4%20converter/24502-mt4-mt5-code-converter.html