Backtesting suggestions?

Hi all - first let me say how good the babypips site and school are! Thanks to everyone who works on this site!

Anyway, I am just now starting to demo trade and I’m using InterbankFX and Metatrade4 as the demo. I’ve been learning all the ways to alter the charts, use the indicators, etc.

But this evening I ran into something that has stumped me. I tried to run the backtest tool. What the hey?! They want me to program (using the MQL coding language) all the “expert advisors” before I can plug them into the backtest tool? Here are my questions:

1. Am I missing something with this platform, am I making it too hard? Could someone else who uses Interbank FX tell me if I’m looking the back test tool correctly - is there an easier way to back test?

2. Are other platforms easier to use for backtesting, say Onanda? I know what I want to test, but I simply don’t have the time to learn to be a programmer at night while also learning how to be a forex trader.

Well, thanks everybody for reading and commenting in advance.
Alex

If you want to back test then the only way to learn how to do it is to call them up and ask. But I think that you have to learn how to program using the turbo c++ program. I think that if you go to strategybuilders.com they will program and do your backtesting for you. But I have not asked them to do this for me yet.

Thanks bazooko, I’ll check out the strategybuilders link. I’m hoping others here might join in with their backtesting ideas/stories too. I can’t be the only one who doesn’t want to learn programming! :slight_smile:

Im here with you. Still n o solution for me either. Ive been trying out soem strategiesd manually and ive so poor on paper right now.

Try ninjatrader to start with. No programming required, program is free but you’ll need a subscription to a data service to start you off.

This seems to be a revival thread. Check the date stamps…

I think that the good ways is testing the EA on demo, its good than in bactesting…

Hello to the OP… if he/she is still around (and trading)!

This is a testing system that was highlighted by another trader on a different thread:

Forex Tester - professional forex training software, simulator and backtester

Cheers.