Spreads at Markets.com, EURUSD at 3 pips?

Hello everyone,

I’m a very new guy to forex, with just 3 weeks demoing accounts. It’s all very interesting and I love the Pipsology course they have here. I’m halfway through and going strong.

Ok, so I opened another demo account, this time with Markets.com, and I noticed the EURUSD spread is 30 points. Just to double check on what I read at the School… since Markets.com displays 5 digits, it means 1 pip would be a 0.00010 difference between prices right? 10 pipettes? such that 30 points is 3 pips.

Is my math ok?

Thanks!

Yeah, points are just pipettes, or 1/10th of a pip.

Thanks a lot LS1 :slight_smile:

Go elsewhere if the EUR/USD spread is 3 pips. Should be around 1 pip.

Hello:

Let me tell you that this brokers is on eof the worst brokers that exists out there. Their spreads are pure crap, their rollovers are pure crap, their customer support is pure crap, their webinar are not helpful at all, the chat support is really laughable, it doesn’t make you any good, believe me.

All in all, it’s one of the worst garbage brokers I’ve seen in a long time. This crappy should cease operations as soon as possible. Avoid it like the plague. If you could spread the word out about this broker, you could be saving a lot of people potential money losses. It’s really terrible this broker in every sense of the word. Please, do yourself a favor and avoid at all costs dealing with this garbage broker. It’s really a mess.

Warm regards!

pipette is just one tenth of a pip, some brokers offer better quotes, more precise rates in five digits post decimal. On the spread, thats way too much for EURUSD…