A Useful Tool For You

Ever want to know exactly what your rate of returns will net you over the months or years?

If you are Excel handicapped, and don’t have an accounting degree, this will do it for you in an instant.

Compounding Calculator

You can also calculate monthly returns by using 12 in the years column, and dividing your annual rate of return by 12, and using that number.

For instance, if your annual goal is a rate of return of 100%, your calculation would be:

100/12=8.33

The result would then be a monthly number.

And it also works in reverse. If you have a negative account growth number, and can quantify your lost amount per month or year, it will tell you how long your balance will hold out, providing you stick with your rules.

It is eye opening to see the returns possible, even by the most pedestrian numbers of account growth.

BTW, some of the account growth numbers I’ve seen posted on this site would have paid off the entire national debt in 5 years…:rolleyes::smiley:

[EDIT] Leave the “Monthly Contribution” blank.

Thank you, Master Tang! This is a great little tool!

Now, how to achieve a consistent 3.75% per week for 48 weeks? There’s the rub,:smiley:

Awesome I’m going to mess with it now and see how long till I am a millionaire!!!

It has taken me years to finally find consistency in my trading so now I can set realistic goals and use your calculator to see how the numbers pan out in the long run.