Best tip for newbies I learned from trading

When those analysts say it is going up or down
you just simply trade the opposite
works like a charm :slight_smile:

awesome tip!

example today, this anlayst said eurusd is going down
and he liked shorting at 1.3320 so I traded the opposite
and longed euro @1.3320 and now got 64 pips easy :smiley:

Good for you, it just goes to show doesn’t it, show what I’m not sure, but it does.

what analyst ?

Actually it vindicates my Dog Leg thread, where you entered, there is no dog leg shape behind it, it has not completed a 1-2-3 Elliot so a continuation is likely.

Good Point - might it be The Troll Kid Analyst?

Taking the opposite position to analysts calls sure would’ve worked out beautifully if you’d gone against pretty much all of Goldman Sach’s FX trading desks advisories to their clients. They managed to top-tick just about everything. Of course by doing that you’d probably have been trading with GS as they were probably on their other end of all those calls they issued to their clients seeing as their own in-house trading desks barely had a losing day for the whole last quarter. Still they at least had the good grace to issue an apology recently for their absolutely woeful recommendations. Top work guys :rolleyes:

him be a currency strategist…
well at least that’s what it says
on the website :slight_smile:

fatbastard, you and kip should get together and create some sort of ultimate trading strategy. I would pay for your signal service!

If your using lagging indicators… I’ll sign up! I assume counter directional of course :smiley:

well of course, is there any other way to trade? Also there will be trading only during news releases because of increased volatility and we all know increased volatility means more pips… :cool:

LOL… and its not even the weekend. Funny posts! :smiley:

Keep up the good work! :D:D:D

might be a good strategy really…

I can’t trust analysts. Not even that they are always wrong. :smiley:

You should never ever base your trading decision on what someone else thinks or says. That’s what I learned, it never works.