Lucky days- Few newbie questions!

Hey traders,
First Ive got to say what a GREAT site this is, especially for beginner forex traders, there is such a wealth of information here - thanks admins,
lol the school really makes the complex, crazy, frightening world of forex so much easier to approach,
So guys- I am reading as much as I possibly can,
School of pipsology,
Steve Nison Candlestick Charting made easy
Chris Lori DVD set
I was wondering if you could point me in any other directions? Things you guys did that helped you learn a little quicker? pointers which you wish you were given when you started out?
Also I opened a demo account- just to see what everything looks like and to click around (lol wish I didnt now they wont seem to leave me alone, apparently Ive got it all wrong, forex does not take years of learning! the best thing to do is start trading to learn the physcology -as without this everything else is useless… hmmm somehow I couldnt quite believe the man on the phone- he said forex was simple just put money in and try :S )
Anyway so I downloaded software “forex tester 2” its real good, It lets me put in play what ive learn so to speak, nothing serious just putting down lines of support and resistance, fibonacci lines , candle stick patterns. I was going to purchase the software (cant find the torrent lol oj) but was wondering if anyone else uses any other software they like or could advise?

Again thanks for the great forum and site guys- any pointers would be great,
looking forward to becoming a part of the team here,

Until next time! :stuck_out_tongue:

hi

my best suggestion is: after a bit clicking around on your demo account, dont wait too long, and open a micro account to practise the phsychology of trading a bit more realistically.
reading books is good, but wont ever come close or replace the experience of real trading, even if it is only an account with 20-50$, it is real money, and no one likes to give up real money as they do in demo.
find out how you are there, how you deal with your emotions, and how the strategies you read about work out…or not work out, as some sure wont.

Which Chris Lori dvd set do you have? Are you a forex mentor student? My advice to you is to engage market experience asap and make sure you know what setups your looking for. Be prepare to lose because you will make mistakes just like everyone else starting out. Technicals might only take a breeze to learn but gaining experience in real time takes awhile. Learn how to identify wave patterns. DO NOT USE ANY LAGGING INDICATORS! ONLY USE IT FOR CONFIRMATION! You do not need any software. When you buy and sell make sure you always have confluence of reasons. For example, S/R, yearly-daily pivots, fibs and Murry math all lining up in one zone. Become a pure technician of the market and you will succeed over time.

I have the Chris Lori’s All Star FX pro trader course, its good, very long- boring at times but he goes into serious detail, its around 24 hours long,
He has a seminar in London soon, as I am in the uk I was thinking of going - Has anyone had any good experience with his seminars?
I am surprised how many people advise to engage in the market asap,

Thanks for the advice- any more would be appreciated

hi
pls remember, engaging in the market isnt equal to all in, with your life saving!!!
but there is no agrument why a micro account is much more life-like, than a demo, or paper trading.
and the cost of 20-50$ to fund such account isnt and shouldnt be a problem to anyone who thinks a bit serious to trading. If someone cant come up with such fund, sure has not stand any chance to trade later… a thing wont happen without capital, for sure.

no harm in teaching