An example of a conman trying too hard

Forex Tips | Forex Course | NickB Forex4Noobs

If you weren’t sure whether he was a conman, you can now be sure.
No one would push a course this much if they were a profitable trader.

Maybe you should all look up the Conman 101 book as this claim will be refuted with stories of charitable donations or some sad story along the way.

Although the person in this article is obviously trying to claim a refund after downloading, the refund procedures for Forex4Noobs are very questionable:
Refund issue with Forex4Noobs! (Resolved) - Forex Peace Army Forum

Lol, he looks like a typical scam artist now.

Just LOOK at that sales pitch!

Absolute classic1

He’s been a member here for years.

And here’s his method for free. 301 Moved Permanently

I don’t see him as being a con at all. Just capitalizing on the lazy people. This whole retail forex gig is based on that. Can’t say I blame him.

I agree with Master Tang.

I feel there might be a little bit of vindictive thinking on the timing of this post.Nick just had a contest and announced the winners yesterday, people he will mentor for free.He offers a lot of free info and i dont be grudge anyone trying to supplement there income with something they love doing.

Breakout trading… what a revelation! :smiley:

I also agree with your point on capitalising on people but especially in the fx world this usually also means capitalising on newbies who don’t know any better.

There has got to be some other aim in mind for anyone selling something. I learnt some stuff from F4N when I was learning but never paid for a programme and quite frankly…for me…scalp line trading is the epitomy of getting into a trade late as far as I am concerned but each to their own I guess.

Ask yourself what you would do if you made a lot of money trading?
I guess we’re all on here either cos we’re bored or to help each other :smiley:

or cos we haven’t made a lot of money trading yet…
:smiley:

Hehe, precisely.

I for sure will be on a beach if I ever get to a million :slight_smile:

Merry Xmas all :smiley:

Personally I think NickB is a decent person who offers a decent course.

There seems to be this constant sentiment that if a sucessful trader is in fact successful than he shouldn’ make money any other way but I think that is stupid.

When I am a millionaire I will be looking to be a two-millionaire and then 4 then 8. You could let your money just sit and do nothing or you can find a way to make money. Nick has chosen to mentor and teach and that cost money as well as effort.

100% for a fact NickB is not a scammer.

I own my own business and I get a$$hole customers all the time. If one of them complains that makes me a con???

I don’t think so.

I think probably the point some peop,e are arguing is the way it’s done. NickB says he started about 5 years ago. I have occasionally had a discussion with him and it seems like he’s just setting up a business but I did also have a chat with him about why the internet is strewn with stuff about donations to charity and then in recent times to have no mention of donations. I also wondered when the site changed its average from 100 to 200 pips per week - I’ve seen the size he trades in one of his videos (although there was some strange talk about some other guy doing the live trade for him, which was bizarre but anyway) and that would put him on some serious nosh every year. I for one earning that amount would proba not bother with running a website but I guess if you;re bored, you gotta do something!

Is there anything wrong with setting up a business and mentoring/teaching…not at all but I guess people would like to be told that up front not that their money is going to the “charity” for Aussies with names beginning with N :smiley:

Also, never trust an Aussie - especially with the cricket Ashes test match starting in 2 days :slight_smile:

Like i said i have no problem with people supplementing there income.There is one thing that does irk me a little bit,is the perception they are trying to leave you with.I think Nick and another person on that site are good traders but not as sucessfull as they lead you on to think.Without getting specifac you listen and watch there video,s they leave clues.

Iam having a profitable year but always craving for more knowledge and those guys do supply some good info.

Hey guys :slight_smile:

Before anybody says ‘oh no’, I am not looking to argue, I learned recently that internet arguments are silly. I just want to spark up some more conversation.

@SanMiguel: What do you mean by charity and up-front? I thought I was upfront, the vast majority of my sites it free. I just did some quick calculations and it seems 97% of Forex4Noobs is free.

I do not even link to my courses on Forex4Noobs, there is no link to the course on the site except perhaps from an old blog or forum post. There is nothing in the nav menu and there are no ads linking to a sales page. Not sure I see and sneakiness or deception?

@Boogaloo: Come on mate, selling a product does not make me a con man. Nor am I trying too hard…

-I never tell people they must buy my course to succeed.
-I do not directly link to the courses sales pages on my site.
-I do not only offer paid material (the vast majority of what I offer is free). -I give heaps of stuff away, a 4 hour advanced trading courses is being released soon. I also take on about 10 free mentoring students per year. I took on 3 new students yesterday.

I run Forex4Noobs because it gives me something to do and challenges me. I am proud that with limited time I was able to grow Forex4Noobs from nothing into a major site… mostly alone. I do charge for stuff but that does not make me a con-man it makes me a business man. Aside from Forex I run several successful business. I am an entrepreneur and I love to keep busy.

I am also a nerd and I absolutely love coding websites. Forex4Noobs started off as a project so I could teach myself how to code. Almost every piece of Forex4Noobs is designed and coded by me. I do this stuff because it fascinates me and keep my mind active.

I am even learning to code some MT4 extensions which are really cool and I will be giving them away for free. I have seen many con-men… I do not think I fit the profile lol!

I so sell courses, they help to pay for the sites bills which are substantial. The rest of the money is split evenly between me and a charity I support called smiletrain.

Thanks to everybody who stood up for me, much appreciated guys!

To all you other guys. The screen you’re reading this from, you bought it right? The chair or couch your sitting on, you probably bought that too.
When you took your car to the mechanic this year, did you pay him for a service he provides? (he probably grossly overcharged you too).

For several thousands of years humans have been paying other humans for goods and services. Your boss pays you for a service, with money he makes by charging for goods or services. So, when the holidays are over walk into your bosses office, look him dead in the eye and say…

“Sir, you are a con man. You sell/charge for goods or services! I think you are filth and I refuse to work for you!”

Have a great Christmas and a happy New Year!

[B]p.s. [/B]I am off to clear the footpath at the front of my apartment of snow (for free). Not for me but for the elderly lady next door. She broker her hip when she slipped on the slippery snow last year.

Does that sound like an evil con-man thing to do? lol

What clues are those? I would love to know so I can cover them up. I do not want these giveaways ruining my evil plans muhahah muhahaha.

But seriously, I think half of what you see as clues are just my style. My trading is very eclectic and haphazard. A lot of it is intuition, somebody referred to it recently as the “innate Nickness” of my method (I think it was SanMiguel actually).

There’s a link on the front page isn;t there? Agreed probably nowhere else on the site.
You’re right…nothing wrong with running a business, we’ve had similar discussions on PM before…you know me I’m naturally skeptical having been around the trading world for a while :slight_smile:
Re charity, I think you mentioned once in the past that most of the sales from your courses went to charity.

From my personal point of view, I would not be putting in the effort into running FX sites or call services earning the money I do as it’s all taken up with intra day trading and it would just be too much effort :slight_smile: I do run a couple of other businesses also so I guess maybe I’m a conman for running a service too :smiley:
I know plenty of people who mentor or run call services but the money all goes to their own personal funds. I think FX/trading sets itself up almost automatically as a dangerous place for let’s say the more unscrupulous people to operate. New traders go through the interest, attempt, failure cycle, still believing, wanting help, attempt, failure, etc. The psychology of it is that we all go through the same issues no matter what.
I would hazard a guess that of all the books and courses out there, the large majority who buy them are newbies who never even go on to succeed for further than a few months.

Anyway, each to their own as they say - you are certainly helping some people but they have to help themselves too. At least, you’re focusing on price action.

To all you other guys. The screen you’re reading this from, you bought it right? The chair or couch your sitting on, you probably bought that too.
When you took your car to the mechanic this year, did you pay him for a service he provides? (he probably grossly overcharged you too).

For several thousands of years humans have been paying other humans for goods and services. Your boss pays you for a service, with money he makes by charging for goods or services.

Agreed.

“innate Nickness” of my method

You know my thoughts on scalp lines.
I realise you have many other methods including reversals, some candlestick analysis, MCs, etc. I think if I tried to explain how I trade then it would be impossible as well. It’s never as simple as “well you take this candle here and presto”.

And Merry Xmas all.

You’re right about that link. Thanks for spotting it, I forgot to remove it when I removed the rest about 2-3 months ago. How could I miss the bloody thing? It’s a big blue button.

I stopped saying the money goes to charity because some customers started demanding proof. It isn’t that I was not willing to show proof it is just that I do not send each individual payment to charity. I just added payments up every 6 months and sent them to charity in bulk. So I couldn’t really show anybody proof that their specific payment went to a charity. For this reason I no longer mention the charity bit.

As you say, each to their own. I enjoying running Forex4Noobs. I wanted to learn to code and I wanted to run a site. A Forex site was a natural choice for me since I was already a trader. Forex4Noobs does turn a profit and I make no excuses for it. There is nothing wrong with capitalism.

The thing is that it’s not just Forex. Most people who buy online or offline courses never go through them. From instructional pilates dvd to $4k a pop internet marketing courses. It is human nature not to follow through and to get stuck in a rut. Some do keep at it though and they succeed.

In my course I explain that what I teach should be seen as a base to build your own method on. This is because a traders method should be personal to the trader. You cannot trade my method. Not because you’re a bad trader but because it is my method. I cannot trade your method for the same reasons.

People who try to be carbon copies of me will usually fail. The people who take my stuff and adapt it to their personality will be more likely to succeed.

Anyway, off to feather and cook a duck. Got to love the holidays :rolleyes:.

dip him in boiling watter for a few minutes, it makes the feathers come off easier

:smiley:

Proper hunter gatherer style? shot, feathered, and cooked?

@TalonD: Thanks, farmer told me the same thing. This is after he laughed at me for telling him I have never cleaned a duck for cooking.

@SanMiguel: Hahaha I bought it from a local farm, not shot but they asked me if I wanted it with feathers on. I said yes… it was a bit of a mistake. I got it cleaned up ok though and I just popped it in the oven. Fingers crossed I haven’t screwed it up.

For those who like my Forex tips here is a cooking tip. Buy the duck feathered and gutted if you do not know what you’re doing!

Anyway have a great xmas all!