Demo Accounts Vs. Real Accounts

Is there any significant difference that would cause unexpected problems after a switch to the real account?

I think one of the biggest challenges of moving from demo to live is the psychological barrier. Knowing that you’re now trading with your own hard-earned money makes it difficult to stay emotionless while trading.

I think one of the biggest challenges of moving from demo to live is the psychological barrier. Knowing that you’re now trading with your own hard-earned money makes it difficult to stay emotionless while trading.

100% true.

Brokers often gives you good, excellent service on demo account, small spread and fast execution. On a real account you get this only with big deposit.

Yeah… you’ll be dumbfounded and you tend to forget what you’ve learned when you trade in demo acct

nah…it is the same

I haven’t noticed any difference on the technical side of things - haven’t had any problems with slippage, order execution, etc. The psychological side is a lot more demanding though. I need to work more on developing a fleshed out system for myself as I’m finding that I’m second guessing myself a lot lately.

I’ve not noticed any technical difference between demo and real… they both work just as well (I’ve even watched them side by side).

But definitely there is a psychological difference when you have real $$ on the line, even pennies. For this reason, once you get to real trading practice… you should only use a real account. That way the pain of losing real $$ will help you learn much better and quicker.