Silver n Gold!

Hi,

Well i dont know much about those … is silver or gold market opens or close ? any timing they have ? or they just opened 24hrs a day ! n00bz ques !

With my trading platform I can trade spot gold and silver 24 hours a day except between 10:15pm GMT and 11:00pm GMT.

what is ur trading platform ?? i hav MT4 from alpari

Spreadbetting on Paddypower. I use FXCM for my gold charting and I think they operate on the same hours more or less. If you check Alpari I presume they’ll show you the opening market hours of each instrument.

yeah they are awesum … one thing i stuck is that how leverage works ? can u show me ? somehow plz

Just make sure to risk at the very most 2% of your account on all open trades and leverage doesn’t matter. You don’t want to use too much leverage so keep your risk to 2% or less and things will be ok. Maybe anyway. You still could lose all your money but it’ll be a slower process at least.

i have 200$ in account :stuck_out_tongue: n leverage is 100…earned 36$ i a week :slight_smile: with help of silver n gold. What does that mean what leverage will do ?:confused: 200 x 100 = 20,000. If a position goes 20pips up/down so how to calculate it ? :slight_smile:

Forget about leverage. Just focus on making sure that you don’t trade more than 2% of your account at one time. This translates to having a stop loss of no more than 2% of your current stash.

To those people who are trading gold, silver and forex, how do they compare? Do you find gold and silver trend better than forex? Are they easier to trade with price action alone?

well, for these things … i came to know that these are the most hardest and toughest stuff in FX… i do rely on Pending order for silver gold n etc. Thats really makes me nice profit … u know i lost 70$ in eur/gpb & eur/usd. Those two lost my whole week work out :frowning: now next week i have to trade on silver n gold to recover my loss :S … thats the big problem for 200$ accounts :mad: