Night Trading times for newbie

Hi All, I am working through Babypips school and am really enjoying it. I can see that there is quite some potential in Forex trading and am preparing myself to do just that, taking note of the warning to go demo trading for some time to get used to how things work after I work through Babypips school.

So here’s my problem.:confused: I pretty much have to work at my daytime job from 6.30 AM GMT to 7.00 PM. This largely cuts out any Day trading for London SE opening at 7 AM and closing at 4 PM. I have read that trading can take place 24/5 but from my perspective it looks as if I can only Night trade the Sydney SE, a large part of Tokyo SE and the last 2 hours of NYSE.

What are your views on this trading time frame? Will it still be possible to make good pips during those times?

I would be very happy to hear from any of your thoughts.

Welcome and good luck! One of my strategies is NY close and Asian open. If there is a strong trend during NY session, then the last 3 hours of the session, one will experience profits taking. I usually look for 10 to 15 pips with EUR/USD and/or GBP/USD. Likewise, during the first 2 or 3 hours of Tokyo session, one will experience a retracement of the big move during NY session. Take profit 10 to 15 pips as well. If you’re willing to take small bite of the market at a time, then consistence profit is possible. Once again, good luck!

I’d very much go along with that, I’m sure it would be a good approach to go off the day levels, and you can still make plenty of profit.

Thank you for your responses, they are very appreciated. I will probably be back in touch when I am about to launch. Best to you both for the coming year…may the pips be with you