GMA + Candlestick combination?

Hi all,

Thank you for taking the time to help me!

Here’s my situation - I’m currently using GMA to place my trades. I’m currently trading in the 15 mins time frame. I have yet to significantly explore the other time frames and would really appreciate it if some kind soul could enlighten me more on GMA. =)

The other thing is, I have studied candlesticks (from Steve Nison’s books) and I was wondering if any traders have ever tried GMA and candlesticks. Or candlesticks with other indicators.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Good trading

Generally, I’d like to use candlestick formations with support and resistance levels. Whether that is trendlines, horizontal S&R, Fibs, Pivots, it will just provide more confluence and confirmation. I have no idea what GMA even is, so I can’t put any input on that! :stuck_out_tongue:

Clark.

Is the GMA you’re using Daryl Guppy’s “GUPPY MULTIPLE MOVING AVERAGE” aka “GMMA”? If so here is a link to Daryl’s web site with a pretty good explanation of the GMMA, some pretty pictures and how to trade with it. :slight_smile:

Guppytraders.com - GMMA Guppy Multiple Moving Average

Ah, the abbreviation threw me off… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello Clark and d-pip,

Thank you for taking your time to reply on my thread, really appreciate it =)

Candle charts are awesome and I use them on every trade.

I mainly look for reversal formations since I mainly do swing trading, keep the positions for a few days and get out…

The candle charts complement momentum indicators quite well, thats the combination that I use.