Who is the greatest trader of all time and why do you think he or she is?

I am just curious on what is the concensus is on this.

Who do you think is the greatest trader of all time and why do you pick him or her to be ?

I am :smiley:

Cos I is the best!

Must be someone like Warren Buffet I think, now that is trading on fundamentals, don’t know really, difficult question when you start thinking about it.

I’d struggle to even name 10 really successful traders let alone say who’s the best.

Now Warren Buffet would be a good client for you to invest in brandnew2fx, its a shame he didnt use this forum :smiley:

Warren Buffet was smart enough to stay completely away from forex and you did not know that now did you?

The question was for the greatest…it may not be the most successful

No, he didn’t do Forex 'cause he just didn’t have the balls.

Sorry, I cant see where I said he traded Forex??? Im sure many people use these forums who dont trade the forex. Either way, you get my point!

I’m pretty sure he didn’t trade Forex, and I would hazard a guess that he may never have shorted a thing in his life, I don’t know.

But yes I get the point - too easy to make assumptions - VERY good point.

So that would not make him a great trader…get my point ??

Buffett traded in forex before back in 2002 - forward contracts for USD vs a range of other currencies. Made a couple of billion of that wager. But I think that’s mostly it. Suppose a couple of billion profit isn’t too bad! I guess if you end up one of the world’s richest people you’re up there with the best ever.

But for me, after some deliberation, I’m going to go with Marcus Licinius Crassus (ca. 115 BC – 53 BC) who through traffic in slaves, the working of silver mines, and judicious purchases of land and houses, especially those of proscribed citizens turned himself into a trillionaire by today’s standard. Impressive going!

He gets my vote, a man after my own heart, ruthless to the core!

Not really. :wink:

yea…but he would be an investor and not a trader…we are looking for the best trader not the best investor

He bought and sold things. Is that not trading? :confused:

Yes but did he sell before he bought ?

An investor will always buy before he sells…a trader would do that too but also sells before he buy

I think you’re making up this definition of a “trader” in your head.

Paul Tudor Jones
George Soros

Just to name a few

Hmmm, very good point. Shows how hard it really is!

Yeah, I’d like to know where he got that definition from?