Article: What Most of Us Believe is Probably Not Very Useful

Another in my ‘series’:

Synergistic Trading

Regards,

Dale.

Good article!! love to reap the wisdom of Van Tharpe.

I discovered that that anyone could learn to do what others did through the process of modeling. Modeling requires that you find successful people in a particular area and learn how they think and what they do.

It’s as if the movie, The Matrix, has come true. Society tends to program you with certain beliefs, most of which are not true, at least as measured by their impact on success. Thus, taking the “red pill” amounts to determining how you shape your reality with your beliefs, which allows you to discover beliefs that are not useful and then reprogram yourself to have more useful beliefs.

This one never happens at BabyPips:

I’ve seen people take beliefs, that almost everyone else would recognize as limiting, and defend them with every ounce of energy that they have. It is that important for them to be right. So when I say one of my criteria for a good trader is the willingness to work themselves, what I’m looking for is an openness to examine everything, including rigid beliefs at the identity and spiritual level.

I’ve always said that personal responsibility is the most important trait any trader can have because personal responsibility gives you the power to improve.

The universe is an unlimited field of pure potential through which creation happens. Neo came to understand the possibilities of this idea at the end of The Matrix when he suddenly realized that he could go “beyond the Matrix.”