Important Events

Does anyone know if there is a list of “important events” that directly affect the
forex markets? I know FFactory has a daily list, but there is a ton of stuff on it, and I’m thinking that a lot of it doesn’t affect the market that much. It would be nice to know what the few major/monthly/quarterly kind of events are that have a significant impact.

Anyone? :]

Have you tried the Tools in the Babypips website? It has a Forex Economic Calendar where you can choosing your own criterias.

Clark.

Ah, cool. It rates them by importance and everything! I’ll have to give that a look:). Are there any reports in specific that a savvy trader should keep their eyes on?

The only ones that really matter are the various national employment numbers, and central bank decisions.

With the Mac Daddys being the FOMC, and Non Farm Payroll numbers.

the economic calendars are your best bet, note though, the ratings are subjective (i.e calendar here may rate something important, another may say it isn’t)

I prefer the Forex Factory calendar because the layout is great and the color codes give you the level of significance at quick glance. Also, I like it because if you’re trying to learn how to interpret fundamentals, you can click the event and it expands with a lot more info and commentaries.

When I went to build my current trading strategy, I decided that the ONLY thing I cared about was the high-impact events. So my KISS system is that I look at the calendar each day before trading, and make note of any RED events. That’s it… so mainly I just want to be aware of them (and usually I avoid trading right around these RED events too).

typically any employment data, intrest rates and CPI data has the greastest affect on the market. But you always got to be up to date on the news. An act of god (earthquakes and such) terrorist attacks can have major effects on the maket and come with out warning. Dont happen very often but if you think just one calender will keep you on top of things think again. You must watch the news from time to time.