Some move huh

Some serious market moves.

Did anyone capitalise on it ?

I don’t think we did well

I lost a lot today (demo account).

Do you know why today the EUR has made such a huge move up? I saw this on the:

• EUR/USD;
  • EUR/GBP;

It took about 5 minutes and both charts went crazy in the same time.

I checked for some important news, however I could not find anything.

Do you have an idea why this has happened?

Trichet and Smaghi talking about inflation in the Eurozone. In a speech this morning Smaghi said it could no longer be ignored which traders interpreted as interest rate hikes on the horizon.

Thank you PipBandit!

I do not know why the speech was not listed in the important news.

Which is the best source for news and speeches?

Thanks!

I was long in the USD/JPY and made out pretty well. It was certainly nice to wake up to my p/l this morning :smiley:

probably 4xfactory.

Thank you rashygomez. This is where I checked for news (to explain why I was totally unprepared for the market), however there were only news related to Germany in the calendar.

I’ve just saw the section with the news that are not scheduled…

I was thinking whether the ECB’s web site would also be a good source of news?

Smaghi’s speech was highlighted as an upcoming event in the Babypips calendar. Only thing is that you’ve no way of knowing if he’s just going to waffle for no market effect or say something which kickstarts a big move in some direction.

You can use that calendar, forex factory’s calendar and maybe some free realtime news feed which sometimes can pop up useful things during the day. You can’t be on top of everything during the day so just keep an eye out for the big ticket items and trade accordingly.

PipBandit, don’t you suspect that ForexP and brandnew2fx are one and the same?

Thank you very much PipBandit!
Actually I tried to access the calendar here (thanks for highlighting this for me), however I have no access to it yet. But in the future I’ll check it too.
Thanks!

I didn’t give it much thought to be honest. Tend to skim over his drivel.

Good on you.