Best trading software for beginners?

when I set up my trading simulator at oanda…what kind of tools will they provide? charts, trend spotting…etc?

also- when I paper-traded agricultural futures, I used the bollinger ban, and was an end-of-day trader, not day-trader, which tecnique should I use for trading forex if I was end-of-day trading w/ futures? or is it just straight day-trading w/ forex?

Perhaps you might consider the school of pipsology to answer these questions. Another site I have found helpful is Informed Trades.com on Youtube.

You can either use Oanda proprietary platform or MT4.

thanks…set up my oanda sim platform last night…Im starting to get a feel for it… but its still like a foreign language compared to trading futures

I have tons of research and learning to accomplish…just wanted to get a feel of how to place trades and watch the charts…

school of pipsology seems like a very good resource for learning the basics…I have barely scratched the surface…

wow thanks for this information. I really need more information about this business.

Thanks

School of Pipsology is your place my friend! This will teach you everything you need to know!

Just take your time learning what you need to know before rushing into trades. As long as it appears to be a foreign language to you I would advise that you learn to speak the language before going on a vacation if you know what I mean. You may want to make a smaller deposit once you know the basics and only trade 0.01 lots until you achieve consistency and work out your trading strategy.