So What do we think of it so far?

Beautiful make over BabyPips, it looks really good, improvements all 'round, you deserve a pat on the back.

Don’t like change :mad: :wink:

It definitely looks good. I find the layout a little convoluted now with all the changes, though. I’m sure it will grow on me. Kind of like my beard… get it??! Oh, forget it.

Looks better, but having trouble navigating to my previous posts and threads that I was interested in now. Used to I just needed to click on my user name and click on my statistics to find all my posts. Having trouble getting there now.

All in all, :slight_smile:

Overall I like it.

I would like adjustable themes though, it seems a little too bubbly, but overall I think it looks good.

thumbs up!

Looks good, but i would like to see a “back to topics list” link at the bottom of each page of posts in a thread.

Think of what???
What happened?
Did I miss something?
I’m always the last one to find out…geeeezzzz

I like it.

The readabiity is significantly worse, in fact so bad that I probably wont read the forum until its sorted, but the overall design and new features are a real improvement

I don’t think it’s that bad, it’s a little rough when looking at the list of topics but I think the reading of a thread is much easier and flows better.

I liked the old one better. New one gives me a headache. Babypips used to be the most eye-appealing forum I visited, now it’s average at best :frowning:

After surfing around a bit I have to say its harder to read for sure. The white is hard on the eyes. Something about the color scheme on the threads makes my eyes jump around. I think they are drawn to the green in the post headers. The other stuff seems fine I like the ability to post video.

Agreed it is hard on the eyes iam getting old so could be both.:rolleyes:

Oh dear, we are a bunch of stick in the muds, we really don’t like change do we.

I like it. Oddly enough: to me everything appears to be ‘sharper’ (for want of a better adjective).

It does seem to be a bit slower in loading and navigating than the older version (I think that’s why the change i.e. an upgrade to the latest version of the vBulletin software if I’m not mistaken).

But: I like it.

I was just thinking: this is typical of all of us is it not??? Just like trading i.e. looking at the same site (same chart) and having diametrically opposed views (analysis)!!! ‘Letseethepips’ says it’s ‘hard on the eyes’ and I think it’s much clearer!!! That type of thing!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Wait until Sunday morning, it won’t be looking as sharp then! :smiley:

I like it overall, but it does seem rather convoluted. I don’t like the gigantic icons on the left side of links. They don’t add much to the overall design, and are incredibly distracting when trying to skim through the page.

Hey ‘LS1’,

How did you ‘Like’ this thread???

Regards,

Dale.

Nyce makeover, good work. Always like lighter shades even on chart background, Overall I think a change was overdue though it would have been worse if there was no more green? More features available in new version.

The white makes the text harder on the eyes, ought to up fontsize once and make text true-black. White makes CRT shine too much at 1-5am with the lights out. Maybe shade it very lightly?

Bugs in half-loaded pages. Found myself in a new thread where the OP’s profile shows ‘banned’, ‘newbie’, ‘Asaju is online’, got me wondering how tha # is that.

**And chatroom doesnt throw me out on slow dial-up connection like before, that must be good.

didnt think i would be one to say it, but i have to say that i dont like it, but i suspect that will mean nothing in the long run…Any chance you’ve got the same web designer as the Forex4noobs forum - they’ve just done a similar thing?

The home page is the best page now (check it out)…cause that is still in the original format and hasn’t changed…also the quotes at the bottom are gone now…normally they were the only things worth reading too…

Also pac-man is missing from the Arcade section…and i was working on the highest scores in that game

what else…

Thanks Matt,

Got it!!!

Have you noticed: ALL new software seems to be taking on a ‘Facebook flavour’ of late!!! LOL!!!

For anyone interested in setting up their OWN forums though (and please note that this post is in NO way meant to detract from BabyPips or anything like that i.e. some people may have a need for something like this but cannot afford the time or the costs involved of setting up something like this) then take a look here:

ProBoards - Free Forums & Free Message Boards

From what I gather: it’s free but if you want to keep your forums ‘ad free’ then you have to pay them $7 per month which even I can afford (I think)!!! LOL!!!

By the way ‘purplepatchforex’:

I found the above site because of this ‘apostrophe thing’ that has been ‘bugging me’ (I did send you a link about this in a post on one of your previous threads and you either didn’t see it or chose to ignore it so I’m just assuming it was the former and posting the link again below):

APS Message Forum - Correct use of apostrophe to denote omission

Sorry: I know this is all ‘off topic’ but I just thought it may be ‘handy’ for some (maybe there’s some here that want to discuss cooking recipes or something like that)!!! LOL!!!

Anyway: I for one (unlike the Tymen’s of this world) cannot afford the time and effort required to set up and host vBulletin although vBulletin is definitely the ‘de facto standard’ of forum software let’s face it. Of course: the only potential problem that I can forsee is that if a company like that goes out of business you have no control over the backup of your forums or anything like that (what would happen if we lost BabyPips and all the information that’s been accumulating here for YEARS now)???

Regards,

Dale.

Actually: it’s just become a habit and I’ve no idea where it even came from or when it started!!! LOL!!!