Who is who around these parts?

Hello and what a big chat wall area this is! wow

I’m new to trading and just finished school and it was good introduction. Is there any traders in here that post good tips for us new guys? I just don’t want to waste time listening to new guys like me that havent made it yet if you know what I mean.

Okay some tips for the simple man,

1. it will very likely take you 2-3 years, or more, of study and practice before you can make consistent [B]annual[/B] profits
  2. it is possible that you will get there without losing a lot of money, but many traders do blow a live account or 2. start small $-wise
  3. employ a conservative risk management strategy. try risking 1% or less on each trade, that means using stops!
  4. focus your analysis on support and resistance, put your stops behind support/resistance levels (but not too close, they will be hunted!)
  5. hope to make profits your first year, but expect losses, and consider B/E a success.

well I tried, all my personal opinion of course :slight_smile:

Start with this one — 301 Moved Permanently

It’s written by Michael Huddleston, a guy who makes big bucks trading AND enjoys teaching. Michael, who posts here (and blogs elsewhere) as The Inner Circle Trader, has a real talent for explaining trading concepts to brand-new traders.

Start with post #1 on this thread. Read and watch everything there, as many times as you need to. Then read the rest of the thread. Visit The Inner Circle Trader Blog at — The Inner Circle Trader™, and continue your study there.

Form the habit of searching out your own answers, before jumping onto this forum to ask newbie questions. But, when your searching fails, by all means, come here and ask for help. There’s plenty of help available, and it’s free.

There are at least two other threads on this forum which offer in-depth trading information, advice and strategies which are proven to work — but, they are written in a sort of jargon that you, as a newbie, would find incomprehensible. So, leave them for another time.

true. unless u r a forex genius. but thats not the case.
depressing isn’t it