Soo... tell me why forex is better than trading options, and

which one is better for building wealth/making a living trading FT? And while we’re on it, what other type of investments are good for accumulating short-term/current wealth (not the long-term, saving for retirement kind).

Thanks

Which ever one best suits your personality and style of trading. Neither is generally better or worse on its own.

And while we’re on it, what other type of investments are good for accumulating short-term/current wealth

By definition “investments” are intended for longer-term wealth accumulation, not short-term.

Real answers, please and thank you.

That was a real answer. Provide more detail and/or specifics for the criteria that matter to you and maybe we can get deeper with a response.

Solid responce for someone looking for an answer.

Really makes a person feel all warm and fuzzy.

And for the record, Rhodytrader’s answer was about as good as you’re gonna get.
It mostly depends on then individual.

Here are some reasons I like forex better than trading options:

• forex not subject to accounting fraud issues like equities markets
  • less regulation = more free markets
  • less stupidity to inhibit free markets, like “circuit breakers” and limits on shorting (or any trade style)
  • open 24hours/5days to respond to global events vs. equities markets
  • more liquid than equities markets

Thank you!

I traded stock options for quite a number of years and became successful at it, but the downside too it is that the bigger institutional companies, mutual funds are now starting too have a much greater impact on the volatility and stability of the market. Unless you have extremely good technical analysis skills, and real time capabilities it is very hard to compete on the Buy/Sell sides effectively. Playing the short term market in stock options is just too hard…to many Big players taking all the gravy. Little guys are getting chewed up.

FOREX is best for accumulating short-term/current wealth. Just increase your lots sizes and leverage like a b*tch.

Investing in corn is another way to accumulate short-term wealth

Lol! Outrageous! I think some might now be inclined not to answer in case our answers do not meet your stringent quality control conditions.

I agree, this is why I got out of options. The playing field in forex seems much more level. Another item I would add to the list of positives is that most brokers do not charge a commission and the margin leverage is higher (I think) than an equities account would be. All this supports the small-trader who wants to learn and then scale up. Account starting balance is not really a barrier-to-entry in forex like it is in other markets.

Forex is very much of a stable commodity than options. I even see binary options as a form of gambling and it does not suit my style at all.

Really??? may I ask how did you get to this conclusion?

Trading option is another form of high risk gambling. This is a form of gambling, where the there is a 90% failure and 10% win chances. However, forex is very different, like the opposite, where you work for you money. So, a morally coded man would avoid binary option.

Wow!!! Not so fast. How long are you willing to wait for seeing your account to turn green? If your answer is les than 5 years well, prepare yourself for a lot of pain.

Just because you went through that doesn’t mean that its true for everybody.

Sooner or later. No exceptions.

I think the greater risk of foreign exchange, options are disposable, foreign exchange often carry the dead

Why the argument? Forex is good, options is good. Both are also risky. Those who love either would find fault against another, and vice versa. Just do only what you prefer and what you’re good at.

Related they are diferent products. Just like Airsoft vs Paintball; it has it’s followers and detractors :wink: