Bollinger ban for forex?

when I was paper-trading futures I was using bollinger ban…but how do I use this w forex?

how do I get the open/high/low/close for forex pairs in order to find out what the standard deviation is?

I was going back 10 days to get the standard deviation w futures

Most charting packages have Bollinger Bands included among the technical studies.

can u please point me in the right direction for a charting package? I really dont know where to look or what to look for when u say ‘charting package’…

is meta-trader considered a charting package?

where do I buy this software?

what package can I use to practice trade on oanda?

Yes, MT is a charting package (or maybe more correctly has a charting package in it). Most forex brokers have charting packages built into their trading platforms, including Oanda.

Yes

Its free, you can download it from metaquotes.net, or from dozens of different brokers

You can use metatrader now, take a look at the Oanda website.

Ha! I was going to suggest MT4 myself. I personally prefer it (its trading possibilities are limitless - especially if you know how to program in MQL :wink: ). Many traders also prefer Ninja Trader.

There is a big difference between suggesting a broker and outright advertising. I have seen: Oanda, IBFX, Forex.com and several other company names being mentioned on threads. Lets not forget the Edger, I think Rob Coop thread and Zulutrade threads going on. Heh, the Edger one, talk about bad advertising… lol Wow, talk about some mud in your eye.

In any case, Oanda, IBFX and PFG Best appear to be a few of the best that have Free demo’s with their brokerages and offer MT4.

Just use your charting software. :rolleyes: