Dale (dpaterso), Purplepatchforex and Clint - My noob MT4 trade log - 7 days

Hey guys, I was hoping I might get a little bit of feedback from you all or anyone else for that matter on this trade log. I know some of my trades are laughable at best, but since you all have helped me so much. I wanted to see what you all thought. I think I have improved a little bit with knowing how to use the fib tool. (totally amazing! ty Clint) I literally feel as though I can get into any currency pair now once I have it drawn out.

Anyway, thank you all so much for your help and try not to laugh too hard at my 1/4 pip gains :smiley:

Cheers!

fi

p.s. I keep the lot size mostly very low to try and emulate the type of account balance I will have when I go live.

Good morning.

I appreciate the faith that you have my in opinion however misplaced it may be!!! LOL!!!

Iā€™m no expert on all of the fancy statistics. Thereā€™s only two things that mean anything to me. The first being the equity curve and I cannot say I place too much emphasis on this to be honest. If I had to draw an equity curve of my trading youā€™d probably have a heart attack because Iā€™m quite accustomed to huge swings (drawdowns) in it. Iā€™ll bet you that mine probably looks more like an Elliot Wave Pattern than a smoothed moving average moving up!!! LOL!!! Of far more importance, to me anyway, is the ā€˜bottom lineā€™ and so far as Iā€™m concerned youā€™re doing great. If my calculations are correct thatā€™s just slightly more than a 2% gain in 7 days with all trades closed. By my standards thereā€™s absolutely nothing wrong with that!!! As a matter of fact I think itā€™s pretty darn good. +2% per week (hell even 1% per week) with minimal drawdowns? Compound that over a few months or years and see where you come out!!! I have not analysed your individual trades yet because Iā€™m ONCE AGAIN having Internet connection problems (at the moment Iā€™m connected at a speed thatā€™s ALMOST as fast as those old 56K dial-up modems that youā€™ve probably never even seen in your lifetime)!!! LOL!!! Iā€™m not sure if you want me to do that but it may be a pointless excercise because I donā€™t know how youā€™re trading and as everyone here knows: my idea of a short-term trade is calculated in hours not minutes!!! LOL!!!

Let me say this: youā€™ll probably get far more useful input from others on your statistics. All I can tell you is that if you can keep up that type of gain: with compounding youā€™ll do well and youā€™ll ā€˜crack it big timeā€™ and I sincerely hope that you do!!!

Regards,

Dale.

1 Like

We try and help and thank you for the compliment, but the real star IMHO is petefader.

Geez,

You could have given him more input that THAT surely!!! LOL!!!

As long as he is able to keep it up i.e. be consistent then heā€™s doing jolly well so far as Iā€™m concerned especially given that heā€™s not been ā€˜marriedā€™ to this business for five or six year!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

And I bet heā€™s never banged his head against the brick wall either!

I think everyone trading eventually bangs their head against the wall.

I wonder if itā€™s this one ?

LOL! I have definitely pulled some hair out of my head trying to learn this stuff. I suppose I was just lucky enough to not have any brick walls near by. :wink:

Well what do you know: I have an Internet connection that works this morning!!!

I think everyone trading eventually bangs their head against the wall.

The sad part about it though is that itā€™s really not necessary. Weā€™ve all done it of course (some more times than others) but itā€™s really not necessary.

Thereā€™s that other thread with the list of ā€œwhere are youā€ or something like that. Looking back on things now (itā€™s an excellent list by the way): at least two thirds of the steps on that list could have been skipped (well for me anyway) simply by following a rudimentary or arbitrary set of rules no matter your choice of trading system or methodology. It will always sadden me no matter how well this turns out for me now. Monetary losses can always be recovered but not so with time lost.

Regards,

Dale.