Oanda MT4 has launched!

Oanda MT4 has launched!

MetaTrader 4 - MT4 Account Setup | OANDA fxTrade

As of this week there will be no longer need for an invite in order to enable OANDA MT4. visit the link posted by DodgeV83 and let me know if you have any questions or comments on OANDA MT4.

Cool, I’ve been checking them almost every day but hadn’t gotten around to it today yet before reading your post :slight_smile:

Time to create a new sub account…

I like the charting of MT4 but I don’t like the cumbersome order entry of it. I like the order entry and ease of moving take profit and stop loss lines around on the Oanda platform but don’t like it’s charting. So I use both. MT4 for charting and Oanda’s platform for actualy entering orders. Now if only they could combine the two then they would have something good! But of course, they wont.

Only reason I want it is to connect with myfxbook.com

I agree with the order entry being much better on Oanda.

Why bother ?
If your in the UK use Smart Live Markets. Use debit Card to Fund account within minutes not days like Oanda plus withdrawal takes 2-3 days not a week like Oanda.

Also no News wide spreads like Oanda

I used to use Oanda and the FX Game is what got me winning in trading but as I used the FX Trade funding was a joke. SLM is MT4 and has great customer service and ease of use for deposits/ withdrawals.

I actually prefer to use a different MT4 Broker for charting, keeps an eye on the speed from one broker to the other and sometimes you can see MT4 moves and place a trade before Oanda also moves. :slight_smile:

You wouldn’t happen to be working for those SLM guys huh? (Don’t answer, it was retorical…)

Hmm…I don’t really know why many people don’t like Oanda’s charts. Yes, there are brokers with better chartings, but still, Oanda’s is also decent.

Is there any interest in having an interface that works like Oanda working on MT4?

And before you ask how much will it cost? - NOTHING in hard currency!

It’s a long story, but I have some code that works in Internet Explorer that will control MT4 through an EA, I’m quite happy to post it, and you don’t need to be mega savvy to make it work, but it’s software and my experience with software is that you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t, so if I post it, I’m not accepting damnation.

Oanda’s platform won’t show me what I want to see. specifically a 2sma based on the high of price and another one based on the low of price. And also I want to see weekly and monthly charts. If there is a way of doing that on Oanda let me know and I won’t need metatrader anymore.

I just loaded Oanda’s new iphone app and it is much better than the old one that they had

Is there a way to manually place an order on the MT4 plarform then set such order to calcel if the price goes to a certain price before the order is triggered?

Example: Manually set to buy @ 1.3400, stop @ 1.3300 and take profit @ 1.3600. In this case I want the EA to cancel the order if the price of 1.3500 is reached before the order is triggered…

candle and prices do not match in using mt4 and oanda fxtrade platform. difference from my experience was from 1/2 pip to 1 1/2 pips. for scalping and daytrading Oanda rules. mt4 ordering system is clumsy. Oanda is not without faults but a lot better for mentioned trading.

Because mt4 is made for bells and whistles folks. Learn to trade without them and one will be a much better trader.

Just got Oanda MT4 because all my other MT4 Demo Accounts (IBFX, Alpari) died. Don’t know why, used them every day.
MT4 is good for Alarms, I have exactly the same on both platforms, except I get alarms on MT4 and Oanda platform does not have them, only reason I want MT4. Noticed too, not exactly the same price/candle but I think it is the spread that is not the same.
Hmmmmm, maybe could gain something out of it.:45:
Liked actually the demo account with IBFX, sometimes IBFX was on the move and jumped in on Oanda and it even worked. :cool:
If IBFX would not punish (charge) you for a “sleeper” full account I would open a account just to get MT4 from them.:22:

Actually, it’s a good simple platform. Not much bells and whistles.

Anyway, at least it’s good that oanda now supports longer timeframes!

If you had checked things up carefully you would have seen that MT4 and FxTrade do not display the price exactly the same.
MT4 displays the bid price as default
FXTrade displays the “average” price, ie the price in the exact middle of the spread, as default

That most likely accounts for the difference you’ve seen.

Ahhh… thanks for clarifying that o99ol6mh, it was one of my unanswered questions about Oanda/MT4 (I haven’t tried hooking up MT4 yet). Personally I think the average price charts are awesome… I think this is what makes the smaller timeframe candles look so much more fluid than bid charts (which appear too stemmy and unnatural looking to me)

just wondering can you cusomize indicators into oanda mt4 platform like the one i pasted?

The Schaff Trend Cycle (STC) identifies trend momentum. The STC is created by running the difference between two exponential moving averages (a MACD Line) through a stochastic algorithm. The resulting oscillator measures when trend is accelerating or decelerating, showing a cycle measure of trend.

Like most stochastics, the oscillator is bounded between 0 and 100. Buy and sell lines are drawn at 20 and 80 in the STC chart panel. The indicator rising above the buy line can be used to confirm trend cycle lows. The indicator falling below the sell line can be used to confirm trend cycle peaks.

The STC tends to be smoother and suffers fewer whipsaws than the regular stochastic. The STC also reaches the 20 line and 80 line more often, giving clearer ideas of when to enter and exit positions.

When the Schaff Trend Cycle is falling, trend momentum is falling and prices tend to stabilize or follow the trend cycle lower. When the STC is rising, trend momentum is rising and prices tend to stabilize or follow the cycle higher.

A powerful way to use this is to combine the STC with a trend direction indicator to identify both trend momentum and direction. In this instance I am using the EMA(23) as an indicator of trend direction. Consider trades when trend momentum and direction are in harmony.

Fetcher[

/SCHAFF TREND CYCLE INDICATOR/

set{var1, ema(23) - ema(50)}
set{highest, var1 20 day high}
set{lowest, var1 20 day low}
set{range, highest - lowest}
set{var2, var1 - lowest}
set{var3, var2 / range}
set{var4, var3 * 100}
set{stclong, cema(var4, 5)}

add column STClong

draw stclong line at 80