What charting platform are the babypips.com members using?

I want to know what chart platform is being used by this site…it is the same chart platform in the babypips school and all of the blog writers use it as well. I would like to find out what it is and try it out.

MT4 is the largest here, with Oanda being the most talked-about broker. Apparently Oanda just got MT4, so I would recommend using them- but that is completely based off of the excellent reviews from members of this site.

Hi there!
I would like to encourage you to try our platform at the AVAFX website. You can open a demo account and see how it works for you :slight_smile:
Good luck!

OK, I think I will try it anytime. Maybe it will work for me too

I´m using Oanda. I got an additional charting platform called Tradesignal just because I like having two feeds preferable one feed not broker related. But really, I probably only need the Oanda platform for my style.
I got experience with MT4 and I´d say it´s very good and better charting than fxTrade platform from Oanda.

Have your cake and eat it too! I use oanda java platform for trade entry and portions of my analysis, and then use their MT4 platform for the majority of my analysis.

Im using ACTFX the trading plattaform of avafx, i tried the MT4 plattaform from the OANDA demo its cool but i don’t like the interface used to open positions, in ACTFX is much simpler :wink:

I have been using ThinkorSwim for my stocks, options, and futures. Good recommendations for the platform but there seem to be other platforms that have lower fee/commissions, such as MB Trading. However, I am new to Forex and not sure how to rate the platforms.

Has anyone tried the ThinkofSwim or MB Trading platforms?

I use Daily FX Java Charts and Market Delta for my analysis and MT4 for the execution.

You will probably receive responses of more than 100 brokers that you can use. The important thing is do you have:

1. A Trading strategy
  2. Know which risk parameters that you intend to implement
  3. What do you have in place to evaluate your trades
  4. What psychological strategy do you have

The list can go on and on…

Equip yourself with a sound trading foundation, to survive.

Good luck!

I use some times ago eSignal; but now I use charting from sierracharts + dtniq data feed —> really cool combination but is is expensive :slight_smile: of course MT4 also !!!

i use fusion charts.

Hey jibby03.

We use Xtick Extreme. It’s not free but it features a lot of indicators and it’s easy to use.

Hi.
After using a few trading platforms like ninja trader, trade navigator and the one that comes with FXCM, i finally settled on MT4.
the interface is very intuitive tho it could use a few more draw options.
But i like it.

Ive settled with CMC Markets, great platform, easy to use charting, great news & pattern recognition software, chart forum & close spreads, no minimum amount to deposit or trade & fast withdrawel system
Have been with them for about 5years

I’ve tried a few… somehow I got stuck with MT4 and I find it userfriendly…but lately I’ve heard that etoro have a platform of their own, some like it others compare it to video games… ANY experience with it guys? (any other suggestion is welcomed as well :-))

Trying the Openbook since last week fro Etoro. So far, everything is smooth. I just hope that it stays that way.

I use MBT and MT4, has anyone tried their new cTrader and would care to comment. Tx

I use cTrader but with a different broker. I like some of the features it has built in like Breakeven stop loss and market depth. I also use MT4 and FXCM for the RENKO chart features. Cheers.

I see the comments on here are very dated, or, are they still valid. I have completed close to 50% completion of my schooling and would like to know if the advice on what platform to make use of is still the same? Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Since your still studying the school you should have time, Try out all of them or even a couple, after some time you will come to a conclusion for yourself, me personally I use a platform that belongs to a broker who is not trustful but it’s what i feel comfortable with. mt4 is very popular here and on other forum sites, I do refer to it sometimes… good luck