LF FX Tools: "FX Alarm" and "FX Clock"

Hello Traders,

I am quite new to the FX world and I am used to use a lot of tools that simplify my work because I am coming from a professional poker background. However, I try to learn something new and in my case that will be FX trading.

What I am looking for are two major tools that would simplify my “newbe” approach a lot.

FX Alarm:

When I do try to analyze the current graph of a currency pair I often think, “Ok, you can go long if the EUR/USD hits X.xxxx” - but I cannot sit there all day and stare on it, I have it run in the background and work on other things as well. So I would love to have an tool (maybe for MT4, or stand alone) that will track all the currency pairs and play back an alarm sound whenever any of the currency pairs hit a target value that I set myself.

Does anyone know something like that or are here any programmers that can do that?

FX Clock:

I would love to have a little clock running that show me exactly the opening and closing times of Sydney, Tokio, London and NY. It would be great to have something like that integrated in MT4, just a little tlime line, with 4 colored bars, so you see the overlapping etc.

An absolute incredible add on would ofc be if on this “timeline” that shows the opening/closeing times also would be the economic calender. Simply integrated in MT4.

As I am new to MT4, is there a option to programm tools for your needs? And what programming code is used for that? I would probably be interested to hire a programmer if something like that is not existing already.

Thx for your advanced advices! :slight_smile:
Chris

MT4 has alerts based on price to give you an alarm. Look at the tabs in the terminal.

If you google “MT4 sessions indicator” you’ll find a couple of options that you can import to show you the session open and close.:slight_smile:

Like what Jaroon has said, MT4 offers email and text alerts. But if you can’t get it working (like me), I use DailyFX’s mobile alerts. It’s all free so works well. :slight_smile: Difference between your broker and Daily FX may be a few pips though. Not advertising or anything. :slight_smile:

Eventually as you practise more, session times will be second nature, in my opinion, it’s better to get used to just knowing the times and sessions when you demo, and eventually you won’t have to think twice about it. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!
Clark.

In MT4 you can setup a pending order to go long or short at X.xxxx price as well as put in your stops and limits. This takes no programing at all.

edit - I believe its call buy limit or sell limit.

As also said you can also setup alerts. There are plenty of links and place out on the web for how to use MT4 just google it.

This will sound an alarm, when either of the red lines are hit

#property indicator_chart_window
extern string LineName1=“HLine1”;
extern string LineName2=“HLine2”;
extern color LineColor=Red;
extern int LineStyle=STYLE_SOLID;
extern int AlertPipRange=20;
extern int PipRange=100;
extern string AlertWav=“alert.wav”;
static string LineName;
static int prevtime=0;
static int prevline1=0;
static int prevline2=0;

int init()
{
//---- indicators
//----
if(ObjectFind(LineName1)==-1)
{
ObjectCreate(LineName1, OBJ_HLINE, 0, 0, Bid+PipRange);
ObjectSet(LineName1, OBJPROP_STYLE, LineStyle);
ObjectSet(LineName1, OBJPROP_COLOR, LineColor);
ObjectSet(LineName1, OBJPROP_PRICE1, Ask+(PipRangePoint));
}
if(ObjectFind(LineName2)==-1)
{
// Comment(Ask+(PipRange
Point));
ObjectCreate(LineName2, OBJ_HLINE, 0, 0, Bid);
ObjectSet(LineName2, OBJPROP_STYLE, LineStyle);
ObjectSet(LineName2, OBJPROP_COLOR, LineColor);
ObjectSet(LineName2, OBJPROP_PRICE1, Bid-(PipRange*Point));
}
return(0);
}

int deinit()
{
//----
for (int i=1; i<50; i++)
{
LineName=“HLine”+DoubleToStr(i,0);

}
//----
return(0);
}

int start()
{
int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();

{PipRange=100;
AlertPipRange=50;
}

int lines=12;

for (int i=1; i&lt;lines; i++)
  {
  LineName="L"+DoubleToStr(i,0);

}
   double val2;
   for ( i=1; i&lt;50;i++)  
   {
    LineName="Hline"+DoubleToStr(i,0);
  val2 =  ObjectGet( LineName, OBJPROP_PRICE1);
  if (Bid-AlertPipRange*Point &lt;= val2 && Bid+AlertPipRange*Point &gt;= val2 && prevtime!=Time[0])
  {
   Alert(Symbol()+" Line Alert");
   prevtime=Time[0];
   }

}

return(0);
}
//±-----------------------------------------------------------------+