I am new to Forex

I am new to Forex …What exactly is it all about. Is it about trading and selling?

Welcome to BabyPips.com! Please check out our Pre-school Section

This should get you on the right track to answering alot of you questions on forex!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction…I will head out over there now to look!

Welcome to Forex :slight_smile: As anyone will tell you babypips is a great learning resource. Let me know how I can help.

First thing is this Forex for trading with large amounts of money…what is the minimum?

Well theres 2 answers to that, you can trade for as little as a few $100, but really if yo uare undercapitalised you are likely to fail before your trading journey even begins.

Also there are other factors such as your gearing etc, have a read of the school lessons they give you all the basics you will need.

Regards

http://www.babypips.com/school/leverage_the_killer.html

This should give you a good idea of how much money you should start with.

Welcome to the boards!

Some great tips here, quite new to the board myself and am trying to read everything and get a better feel w/o going into total overload (if that’s possible :wink: )

Would you say then,the smallest amount…to safely trade with is $1000

From my search it is the way to trade on exchange market.It 's also an interbank market, so not as a centralized marketplace.

For beginners it is necessary that they should focus on learning first and on the basics of Forex trading and babypips is the best place for learning and success in Forex requires proper trading skills.

Then get lost!! Joking,

Forex is a big matter, you will need few times to deserve it successfully. Try to exercise using DEMO and get profit. Read and practise.

Hope you all the best!!