What time do daily bars close

Hi
I was wondering if someone can help. I am trying to find out what time the broker closes the daily bars. How do i find this info?

On my chart there is a horizontal scale with dates and times, is this any indication?

but on this horizontal scale there are 3 times on the same day. So it will say

17 Mar 6:00 17 Mar 14:00 17 Mar 22:00

If you can find out from this then which of these 3 times will be the closing time?
And how do i work it out in my time zone? These 3 times are always static by the way they don’t change.

or does anyone use Interbank FX Trader 4 and can tell me what time the daily bars close?

Hey there,
Daily bars depend on your broker. Every broker is different.

IBFX is GMT. Meaning a daily candlestick opens at 00:00GMT-00:00GMT the next day.

Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Clark.

Hi Gem25,

If you are conducting orders over the telephone, you’ll want to ask your broker when they are accepting orders.
If you are conducting orders electronically, the orders are executed immediately.

The times on your chart will most likely not correspond to the hours your broker is accepting orders. The scale your looking at is dependent on the chart scale your looking at. I’m guessing it’s probably a 1 hour chart. Most likely this corresponds to the time of the market orders in GMT.

Hope this helps.

yes you have helped thanks!

Yes it depends on your broker. Some brokers have the daily bar close at 5pm EST. Other brokers have the bar close at 12am EST. Other brokers may have a different time. Check with your broker.

On MT4 there is a clock on top of the window that displays the currency quotes. This is the broker’s time. When the clock reaches 00:00 the Daily bar will close. You can use this clock to figure out what timezone the broker is on.

What time do daily bars close?

Well most of them close around 11 o clock, but later at weekends.

1:00 AM around here