What is the best time frame to trade in?

[B]Turn slightly to the question what time frame should be used, that will develop you best as a trader. ?

In other words, what time frame give best advantages to learn how to become a profitable trader?
[/B]

To answer your answer: Daily and weekly are the best time frames to trade with due to the fact that those two times frames has really limited noise. If there is limited or no noise, you’ll become more profitable than a intraday trader due to larger profits.

No the noise dont go away, its still there. You just chose not to see it by clicking on a larger time frame. So no you dont become better by swapping time frames. This whole topic is a fluke, You dont become better by choosing a different time frame, you become more profitable by understanding your own trading method and how to apply it using the time frame that you chose.

i will say it again, choosing a larger time frame only lets you ignore the cruicial information in the lower time frame, only newbies do that because they choose not to see the noise because they dont understand it. When you dont understand the noise you will enter bad entries because you simply do not have the ability to get a good entry, which is always required at m15 and below.

Ok let say im 1000000000% disagree …

My advice to a beginner , quickest way to become a good trader.

[B]Perspective: 5 years period inklusive a few thousand hours of screen time …

*Studied - thought - reacted to thousands of market movements breakout failed brekout bla, bla bla

*Trend reversal - range transmission from those three …
Studied countless variations of them …

In other words, 5 min chart is the perfect time frame …
[/B]

[U]That means before work, 2 hour trading … let the brain work with the solutions you did in the morning , the same when you get home from job 2 -4 hour trading … let the brain work with the solution you did.
[/U]

In the weekend will you analyze everything you did.
Use forextester going through the weekend .
Every third month analysis of the progress you have made ​ …
Trust me, you will make progress.

When you have been doing this for 2-3 years so you will have developed a fantastic timing and understanding of the daily trading rythm

[B]A little secret the difference between good and bad traders is the ability they have to trade out of bad positions …
[/B]
Using the 5 min chart , often you trade you out to breakeven or small profit even if your bias is wrong …

When a master to trade from trade from 5 min chart …

, Often over time a trader is moving up to a larger time frames … but then the trader a vast experience and huge experience database increases the chances for success …

so, thejoery, did you find that lawtext yet stating you dont have to pay taxes since have a fulltime job ? id really like to read that
its just a question man, i have a hard time believing the state of belgium will just let you make money on the side as long as you have a full-time job. I heard arguments before but i cant believe it. Id have to see that black on white in legal text cos if its not so you are taking an awfully big risk on not declaring it there.

Hi FXTrader50,
Is the M5 TF candlestick (CS) give correct signals in M5 TF? Most people said TF above 4TF give realiable CS information compare to smaller TF like M1, M5, M15 and M30.

regards

Probably the best post on this page, and it gav me a chuckle at the end b cause I can totally relate. I am a newbie and this was helpful. My trading got better when I started looking at higher time frames in general and lower for entry’s. Just makes sense. Thanks for posting

Yes i agree as a newbie you should start to trade only 4 hours daily and get some experience after getting some good experience you can trade for long time frame.

I am use all timeframe like as daily, 4 H 1 H and then go to 15 M to analyze current movement behaviour, I like with this way and use candletick as my indicator with use list object like as horisontal line and trendline to analyze trend and price

When I was a newbie I got a similar advice from people who had a lot more experience than I did - trade on the 4-hour time-frame because it is the most reliable one.

Different traders have different best time frames according to their trading strategy. I personally like daily time frame because I’m a swing trader and I trade on longer time frames.

I think the person above phrased it wrong , what they probably mean is with a higher time frame you need a bigger stop loss so you can ride the fluctuations and on a smaller time frame you usualy have a tighter stop loss… so in the event of a market spike or increased volume/volatility , on a 5 min chart you will be stopped out and on a 4hr you could still be in the trade and continue to ride the trend

I think we can rely on longer time frames as compared to the shorter time frames…

As I experienced I see different time frames my main focus is on 15 min and 30 min charts. These two meet for my trading style . Every trader has its own way and analysis method

1 Like

Nice one LS1

Yeah that’s true stick to yours @marginfx

That’s a nice idea @Cledid

Depending on their trading techniques, various traders have varied ideal time frames.

I like daily time periods since I am a swing trader who trades on longer time frames.

For scalping 5 mins and for daytrading, 4H or 1D are both good.

While doing multiple timeframe analysis, traders generally use a ratio of 1:4 or 1:6, with a four- or six-hour chart serving as the longer timeframe and a one-hour chart serving as the lower timeframe.