A very (possibly) unusual request?

PUH-LEASE:

Is there anybody that FOR REAL lives in NEW YORK, NEW YORK???

I want somebody to buy me a little ‘statue’ (you know: one of those ‘executive desk toys’) of the Wall Street Bull.

I will glady pay by credit card, debit card, or PayPal (just do not ‘rip me off’ is all I ask)l

Regards,

Dale.

Dude, you’ve overlooked the power of the internet…

Gitcha bull on!

Wall Street Bull Sculpture and other Gifts

Hey my old friend.

That’s just the point. I want one that comes FROM NEW YORK, NEW YORK. Not some ‘Chinese crap’ (and no offense meant to the MASTERS of ‘rip off’s’). As a matter fact: I’m even happy to pay for one of them ‘paper tickets’ (you know: that ‘paper’ that the floor traders just throw on the floor after a bad day)!!! ONE DAY: I’m going to go and see that NYSE for myself (but at this point: I can only dream about it every morning, when I walk into my ‘office’, I see my ‘star spangled banner’ (it’s HUGE and it’s the ‘real deal’)!!!

Regards,

Dale.

I see.

But I’m gonna take a wild guess, and say that Wall Street Bull from NY still has a “MADE IN CHINA” sticker on the bottom of it;)

But yeah, something about actually being there.

Maybe a search for gift shops in the area might get you a direct line.

Good luck :smiley:

While I’m on the subject is this not THE MOST BEAUTIFUL picture or ALL TIME!!!

And here’s a link that I ‘favourited’ an age ago (and may even have posted it here before but couldn’t find it today so I figured there’d be no harm in posting it again): 10 Coolest Stock Exchange Buildings

Regards,

Dale

I do believe you have been at this just a tad too long Dale? :42: I’m thinking more ‘mad cow’ than bull? LOL

I have several framed copies of Tom Clancy’s personal emails and pics to me in my office. We each have our cross to bare. :smiley:

Hey, Dale

I came across a Wikipedia article on the Charging Bull near the NYSE — very interesting read.

I learned that [B]you can buy the actual Wall Street Bull[/B], as long as you promise not to move it. Or, you can purchase one (or more) or the Bull’s siblings. Apparently, the sculptor cast 5 of them, all identical. Get out your checkbook, and contact the sculptor.

The sculptor owns the copyright to the Bull, and has vigorously defended his copyright. That probably explains why most of the so-called replicas you see for sale are so tacky-looking: if they were accurate replicas, the sellers would be sued, just as Walmart was.

Here are 3 paragraphs which I copied-and-pasted from the Wikipedia article:

Charging Bull, which is sometimes referred to as the Wall Street Bull or the Bowling Green Bull, is a 3,200 kilograms (7,100 lb) bronze sculpture by Arturo Di Modica that stands in Bowling Green Park near Wall Street in Manhattan, New York City

“That bull is one of an edition of five”, Di Modica told the New York Daily News in 1998. “I’m hoping the other four will be going to cities all over the world, whenever somebody buys them.” In 2010, a similar Charging Bull sculpted by Di Modica which looks “younger” and “stronger” was installed in Shanghai.

In 2004, Di Modica announced that the bull sculpture was for sale, on condition the buyer does not move it from its present location. Di Modica continues to own the copyright to the statue. In 2006, Di Modica sued Wal-Mart and other companies for illegally benefiting from his copyright, by selling replicas of the bull and using it in advertising campaigns. In 2009, Di Modica sued Random House for using a photo of the bull on the cover of a book discussing the collapse of financial services firm Lehman Brothers.

Here’s a link to the complete article — Charging Bull - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can order small, desk-size “replicas” in silver, pewter, bronze, brass, or copper, with marble (or fake-marble) bases, from several online sellers in New York. Google “Charging Bull scupture”.

I still think you should buy the original one, which now stands a couple of blocks from the NYSE. Then, you’d have an excellent reason to come to New York for a visit.

SOLD to billionaire trader Dale Paterson.

ROFLMAO!!!

Thanks to the both of your for giving me such a good start to the day!!!

R Carter: how did you find the code for that little American flag??? It came through in my email notification :42: so that’s why I know what it is i.e. the email notifications come through as text!!! Nice. I don’t suppose you happen to know the codes for others??? I could sure could use some of those in my forums (UK, SA, Bulgaria, Spain). I actually have a HUGE and very REAL (original ‘made in USA’) American flag behind my desk in my ‘office’. I posted a picture of it on Saturday but it wasn’t a good picture so I deleted it.

Actually: I have two other ‘real deal’ flags. One is the old Union Jack (I don’t even know if you can buy those anymore) and, of course, the old South African flag (which I know will offend some people but it’s a piece of history and may be worth something one day).

Clint (that was too funny)!!! LOL!!!

That probably explains why most of the so-called replicas you see for sale are so tacky-looking

That’s been the probem (I seem to remember going down this route once before a while back). All the ones that I found before looked more like cows with foot and mouth disease (that was up until this morning that is i.e. see below).

I found this myself morning: Wall Street Bull Artist Sues Random House, Authors over Book Cover - UnBeige and that led me to this Studio DiModica-Charging Bull–the works of Arturo DiModica!!! LOL!!! Put it this way: the ones for sale there must be as close to the original as you ever going find. Be sure to watch the intro and then take a look at Arturo’s Originals & Limited Editions::Studio DiModica!!!

I think just for fun: let me see what those replicas cost (you know: get a price list). And while I’m about it I wonder how much he wants for the ‘real deal’???

But didn’t I read somewhere that somewhere else in the USA there is a bull and a bear fighting (or am I getting cofused with one of the other exchanges somewhere)???

Regards,

Dale.

No No No, you don’t want a raging bull, what you want is a Welsh Dragon, they are much more fun.

I just managed to get a picture of it, before it flew off, and they are handy for cooking toast.

That’s a nice picture but it’s got no ‘gonads’ to ‘rub’ in the morning (isn’t that a Wall Street tradition)??? LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

You could just rub your own!

Nah. Tried that. Never made the Dow move an inch!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

speaking of requests. I would like to have a union jack flag. I guess I’m a bit of an anglophile and think it would be nice to have the union jack hanging on the wall… along side old glory of course.

Well,

I did indeed receive a reply so deleted my ‘rant and rave’ post. The guy has been away and I tend to forget that unlike MOST other people who have ‘lives to lead’ the only thing I have to do is sit and watch charts all day and post on forums!!! That tends to make an already, by nature, impatient person a lot MORE impatient!!!

I can, however, tell you WHY most (if not all) ‘Charging Bulls’ have a ‘Made In (anywhere else but New York’ sticker on them!!! There are only two ‘miniature sets’ (‘tryptics’) remaining for sale i.e. one bronze tryptic at 12 000 EUR and one stainless steel tryptic at 16 000 EUR!!!

So: anybody out there that REALLY likes me and has more money than they know what to do with (and appreciates my last few years of, mostly inane, posts and effort) kindly email me for my bank details!!! LOL!!! Of course: you could all ‘club together’ (how many members does BabyPips have again)??? More than 12 000 (I’d prefer the bronze because that’s the same as ‘Charging Bull’ in Bowling Green is made out of. So I’m that’s less than 1 EUR per member!!! LOL!!! (By the way: that excludes shipping and handling but I’ll scrape together the money for that)!!!

I’ll tell you what though: I reckon those things will be worth a fortune one day in the future given that they are originals (they come with a certificate of authenticity). I’m actually quite surprised i.e. I would have thought they would all already have been ‘snapped up’ as gifts for the likes of one of the CEOs of one of the huge investment firms. I can tell you that if I was a ‘chief’ at Goldman Sachs I’d have a set on my desk!!! No question about it.

Oh well, and with any luck, at least one of the tryptics will be available in about twelve months time!!! (You all know me by now: forever the optimist)!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

This time next year Dale!

LOL!!!

Thanks for that (and the encouragement and positive words).

Thing is: by that time the miniatures won’t be good enough anymore and I’ll wager that the ‘real’ ‘Charging Bull’ will cost more than $1 000 000 (that part of my email request was not answered and I’m not going to ‘push my luck’ as I fear I did waste the guy’s time i.e. I had NO idea that’s what those miniatures would cost but I should have known I guess. But I did apologise and thank him for his time)!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Good Job he wasn’t a solicitor/lawyer, it would have cost you $10k for his time.

hey Dale
I got busy and didn’t get back to this thread but I looked for the flag for you. Of course an original from the civil war period, well those would all be in museums and I don’t know if anything is made in America anymore but I did find this.
Amazon.com: Confederate Battlefield Flag 4 x 6 Cotton Flag: Patio, Lawn & Garden
all cotton, but out of my price range but looks like good quality.

here’s one you don’t usually think of when you think rebel flag
Amazon.com: Stars & Bars (First Confederate) Flag Cotton 3 ft. x 5 ft.: Patio, Lawn & Garden