Sunday reading

There are several good articles on forex in the current [I][B]Futures[/B][/I] magazine. You can access all of the current issue here — Current Issue - Futures Magazine

The cover story, [B]John Tayor: Growing Up With Forex,[/B] is an interview with the founder and CEO of FX Concepts, a New York based CTA specializing in forex trading, with 8 billion USD under management. Here’s a direct link to that interview —

John Taylor: Growing up with forex - Forex - Futures Magazine

There are two articles on economic fundamentals in relation to forex which you should read:

[B]Currencies: Balancing Inflation and World Events[/B] —

Currencies: Balancing inflation and world events - Forex - Futures Magazine,

and [B]Top Five Forex Fundamentals[/B] —

Top five forex fundamentals - Education - Futures Magazine.

Even if you consider yourself to be a pure technical trader, you should be aware of the current fundamental climate.

Abe Cofnas writes a forex article for [I][B]Futures[/B][/I] each month. Abe’s stuff is always worth a read.

This month his piece is titled [B]Avoiding Forex Disaster Through Non-Correlation[/B] —

Avoiding forex disaster through non-correlation - Forex - Futures Magazine

Finally, you should read [B]Regulators Face Budget Battle[/B] —

Regulators face budget battle - Regulations - Futures Magazine

and then swing over to post #653 on the thread [I]Going Offshore to Escape the CFTC[/I], here on the Forum, and read my appeal for traders to get involved by writing to their congressmen and senators. Here’s a link to that post —

http://forums.babypips.com/rate-my-broker/36221-going-offshore-escape-cftc-66.html#post251987

A year ago (oddly, it was [B]exactly[/B] 1 year ago), a two-part article titled [B]A Day in the Life of an FX Spot Desk Trade[/B]r appeared in the [I]Trade2Win[/I] newsletter. This article is a sort of diary of one day in the life of a prop-desk trader at a major bank (not identified) in London.

[I]T2W[/I] recently mentioned that this article is one of the most popular articles they have ever published, and I recall that I enjoyed reading it last year, despite the fact that it’s really, really long. So, I thought I would go find it again, and share it here.

If you just can’t get enough “forex”, then here’s something to keep you from suffering [I][B]Acute Forex Withdrawal,[/B][/I] while the market is closed over the weekend —

Trading Articles - Markets - Forex - A Day in the Life of a FX Spot Desk Trader (Part 1) | Trade2Win

Trading Articles - Markets - Forex - A Day in the Life of a FX Spot Desk Trader (Part 2) | Trade2Win

I can’t vouch for the accuracy of the story this guy tells, because I’ve never worked for a bank. But, maybe Robert Carter (R Carter) or Michael Huddleston (ICT) can help — I believe they both have been there and done that.

Enjoy your reading.

Clint, thank you, both for understanding the pain of withdrawal, and for providing something to protect against it.

Futures is one of my favorite magazines to look forward to. I also recently found this one: FX Trader Magazine which looks pretty good (PDF version is free).

Yet, another boring weekend… Any new reading for this Sunday folks?

Clint, some great articles. Thanks!

Aye great articles, but boy would I just hate that job.

[B]Good forex reading for a long, holiday weekend.[/B]

Two online forex magazines have just released their current issues:

[I][B]Currency Trader[/B][/I] magazine, which is a free, monthly, downloadable .pdf e-magazine, has just come out with their July issue. Always worthwhile reading for veterans and newbies, alike.

Currency Trader Magazine: Welcome

And [B][I]FX Trader Magazine[/I][/B], which is a free, quarterly e-magazine, available for reading online or in downloadable .pdf format, has just come out with their July/August/September issue. Also, a must-read.

Forex Trading Magazine | Learning Forex Trading | Forex Currency Market | Online Currency Trading

Great stuff, Clint! Thanks!

Hi Clint
Long time since I’ve seen you. Hmmmmm maybe the other way around too, seldom here anymore. Subscribed to the last 2 links you posted here and DL the Magazines. Thanks.
Long time since we traded the London open and you made the excellent analysis beforehand. It was fun (except when my beauty-sleep got in the way). Actually that was good too. :slight_smile:
Still trading, and I still scalp away. The only difference, I get up at Midnight~1AM and I don’t have a problem with it. After all it’s a Job, the only one :slight_smile:
Take care until next time Oskar

Hello, Oskar. It’s good to hear from you, my friend. I’ve wondered from time to time whether you were still around.

If you’re starting your work-day around 12:00-1:00am, then you and I are trading at the same time. Let’s try not to take money from each other.

You must be trading the European Open at 2am, and the London Open at 3am. Have you looked at Michael Huddleston’s thread — 301 Moved Permanently

He’s teaching some really good techniques for trading the London Open, the New York Open, and the London Close. The stuff he’s teaching is way more advanced than the things you and I were doing a couple of years ago. If you haven’t done so already, check out his thread.

I’m glad to know you’re still here on Babypips. I wish you success.

Great resources. Precisely the sort of thing I was looking for recently, with the goal of better understanding how the market works.

Hi Clint,
I would not dare to take money from you. Of course if you are giving it to me I can’t resist. :slight_smile:
Since I am a pure scalper chance is slim that I take money from you.
Take care, will see you around and happy pipping.
P.S. If you loose in between, consider it a gift to your old friend Oskar and be happy about it. :slight_smile:

For forex traders, [I][B]Futures[/B][/I] magazine, available free online, is always well worth reading cover to cover. But, this month’s issue has more good stuff for forex traders, than usual.

Here are 7 articles to keep you off the street, and productively occupied, for the rest of the weekend:

Michael Stumm: Renegade engineer - Forex - Futures Magazine

Forex outlook: The ugly contest - Forex - Futures Magazine

Special section: Forex broker review - Education - Futures Magazine

Reading monthly cycles in EUR/USD - Forex - Futures Magazine

How to trade the carry trade - Education - Futures Magazine

Dueling markets: Forex futures vs. spot forex - Education - Futures Magazine

Tech talk: Kiwi feels long-term damage - Undesignated - Futures Magazine

• Regarding the title of this post, [I][B]serious[/B][/I] does not necessarily mean [I][B]veteran.[/B][/I]

Newbies can be just as serious as veterans, when it comes to educating themselves, and keeping abreast of everything that influences the currency market. And almost everything [I]does[/I] influence the currency market.

That’s why this learning-curve that we’re all on is a life-long, never-ending pursuit. To be a successful trader for life, you need to be a dedicated student of the market, the economy and the world. For life.

Great stuff clint! As always :slight_smile:

Always the trouble with women! (sorry I really am not sexist

But here here, as [I]fartist[/I] says, good stuff as always, I’m trading volumes to great effect and one of the reasons for that is the great research you did on volumes, before FXtrader magazine had even thought about it, if depth of understanding and intelligence is simply what would be required for profitable forex trading, you would be …