Forex knowledge and future job/studies

I have been studying Forex for the past 6 months intensively, and I’ve learnt a lot! I have always been interested in economics, and this is what i want to study later.(I’m currently 17) My question is, will my new Forex knowledge help me in my studies?
In Norway, we can study what is called ‘samfunnsøkonomi’, this is simply economics in USA, but I also have the possibilty to choose financial economy. My math skills are nothing to brag about, but I belive I have a very good theoretical understanding of the financial markets, and this is what I’m truly interested in. More than plain macro, and microeconomics. Will Forex knowledge help a lot when studying economics, and help me get a job, for example maybe as a broker?

I can add that my grades are good, and that no matter what the answer is, i will continue to study the Forex market, and other markets as well. Do you guys think financial economics is a possibility?

On a relative basis, the markets are just a small part of what you’d study in economics and/or finance in school. As such, it probably won’t have all that much impact on your academics in general terms. It will help in certain areas, of course, but quite a bit of what you get in class is much more theoretical than what you see happening on a daily basis in the markets.