Hello all

I’m completely new to Forex but it’s grabbed my attention.

I am about 40% done with the BabyPips training and must say it’s very informative. I will confess though my head is spinning and I feel like I’m reading Greek (lol…is this normal?).

I am going through the threads as much as possible. Just opened a demo account at Oanda.

I look forward to growing and learning from all of you.

If there is any other training for someone like myself who needs Forex 101, please let me know as I surely could use the help.

Thanks in advance!
JC

Being a patrician Julias Caesar could speak classical Greek so should be no bother to you :wink: Seriously though - just keep at it. There’s a lot of information to take in and it’s going to take a while. The Babypips school is a decent general foundation so work through that for now.

Hi there Julius!
The school offered on Babypips is a great one and I strongly suggest you read through it 2 - 3 times, going back to the concepts you think was hard to understand and those that cought your attention the most. The school here at Babypips is a beginner’s guide and won’t suffice by itself. It’s more a “get your feet wet” thing and I would suggest some reading also in the form of books. Here is a list that you might find helpful:

John J. Murphy - Technical Analysis Of The Financial Markets
This book is a little milestone when it comes to Technical Analysis. After you have been through the school on Babypips, this book should be the next step. It offers a great insight on technical analysis and the market in general

Mark Douglas - Trading In The Zone
A must-read for all traders. This book covers the most crucial aspect in trading: Your mindset. Douglas offers you a step by step guide on how to properly train your mindset to fit the trading environment. His other great book called The Disciplined Trader is also a good choice and complement to the first title mentioned.

Larry Pesavento - Trade What You See
If those Gartleys and Butterfly patterns cought your interest then maybe harmonic trading is for you. In this book Larry Pesavento covers the basics of this trading methodology and is a very good book on the subject

Scott M. Carney - Harmonic Trading Vol. 1 & 2
Another great work on harmonic patterns which describes in detail the various patterns found in harmonic trading along with good entry and exit strategies and money management.

Fibonacci Trading - Carolyn Boroden
One of the best books on Fibonacci out there. It explains Fibonacci tools in detail and offer some great strategies that involve the use of fibonacci tools.

Steve Nison - Japanese Candlestick Charting Tecniques
A great book that cover Candlestick Charting in detail along with the most relevant candlestick patterns. Can be followed up with his other book Beyond Candlesticks

These are just some suggestion about great books out there that I have had the pleasure to read and learn from. There are also some great resources online that will be very useful to you. I hope I don’t break any Babypips laws by linking to them…

Investopedia.com - Your Source For Investing Education

Forex Factory

Hope this list will be helpful. Let me know if there is something else I can help you with! Good trading! :slight_smile:

I also found a study guide to
"John J. Murphy - Technical Analysis Of The Financial Markets"
Is it worth getting too?’

great list…
I don’t like e-books. Maybe if I had one of them Ipads… :wink: reading miles of text on a normal computer screen just makes me feel dizzy…

I have not read that Study Guide so I don’t know what to tell you about it.
I have had the pleasure to read most of these books on the iPad thanks to Amazon’s Kindle App for iPad. Not all titles are avaiable in “Kindle Version” but many are. Otherwise you can read ebooks with the onboard iBooks app which works great too, provided the ebook has good quality. I am no fan of reading ebooks on the PC screen either as you may have guessed :slight_smile:

@PipBandit - thanks for the reply. Because I’m part Greek, I thought I’d understand it but I don’t (LOL).

@Martinius - thanks for the great post of info. I’m taking your advice.

Soon the markets will render to Caesar what is Caesar’s!

Here’s a great book on money management Ryan Jones - “The Trading Game”

Hey Julius!
Welcome to Babypips. :slight_smile:

That list of books Martinius gave out is great! I’ve read every single one of them and all in PDF format on my computer. Give them a go. You’ll be impressed. :slight_smile: But I suggest you go through all of Babypips first to get a good background of everything.

Regards,
Clark.

this thread should be made sticky

The “Market Wizard” books by Jack Schwager are a great read for inspiration!

not sure about posting links so i’ll just tell you to google “informed trades” they have an free video series on the forex markets from beginner to advanced.