Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

Hey, have you read Reminiscences of a Stock Operator yet? I am reading it for the third time, it’s one of my most enjoyable trader reads.

This go-round, I’m noticing things I didn’t pick up on before. I’m also noticing similarities to the way I trade, or things I’ve learned the same way the main character has.

Does anyone know if there are any other FICTION books like this? With a main focus on trading (of any type) but primarily in story form?

There are soooooo many non-fiction and self-help books out there, my reading list is growing bigger and bigger. But sometimes you just want to “unplug” and curl up with a nice story that you can relate to.

If you can find them, there’s a guy named Paul Erdman who wrote a number of markets-oriented fiction books. They are not quite to specifically trading focused as Reminiscences, but the ones I’ve read were enjoyable.

I haven’t read it but it sounds awesome. Think I’ll download it to my Kindle!

Bought and read the first couple of chapters. So far it’s awesome. Great recommendation.

soma, having read a few chapters, do you get the impression that there are lessons to be learned in the book that could directly benefit your trading?

Yes. Although it’s not written in a way to directly impart a lesson. It’s more like he’s dropping nuggets of wisdom that he learned throughout his trading career.

cool. then it may be a worthwhile read for me as well. my time is limited at the moment, (and I don’t read much fiction in the first place) but this book could be a good escape from the humdrum textbooks while still focusing on the subject at hand. thanks for the tip!

Thank you dusktrader for posting that, I read it years ago and could not for the life of me remember what it was called here’s a link to it http://www.trading-naked.com/library/jesse_livermore.pdf

And the moral of the story?

Great book, I like it. I’m still on my first reading of it