Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Anyone else been getting ths message when attemptimg to go to this forum ? I have been getting it alot this past week, but not with any other sites, only this one

Yep me too! Strange??? Also an unusually high number of Nigerian people in my spam folder wanting to deposit eleventy million dollars into my account… must be a full moon? LOL

Check out the bugs and suggestions forum. It has a thread on why the site is having problems…

If I should live that long… its the weekend! :53:

Yes same problem SDC.

Press F5 (refresh) a few times and you’ll be OK. There appears to be server issues. Hopefully temporary!

Apparently it has been due to a distributed denial of service attack its been a while since I heard about one of those

All of you just quit Internet Explorer, is one of the most stupid program ever made, because of it, the internet can’t evolve. CSS3 and HTML5 is on hold mostly due to Windows IE lazy programmers.

For what it’s worth:

We’re all having the same issues. I’ve just gotten into the habit AGAIN (I say AGAIN because a long while back I used to have to do this with BabyPips for a good long while for reasons which I never quite fathomed out back then) of copying any posts or replies to the clipboard before actually clicking on the button to post JUST in case there’s an error (which seems to happen just about every time I post at the moment) and then end up having to retype the post AGAIN.

But yes: I believe this to be a temporary setback (it’s been reported and discussed in the ‘bugs’ forum at the moment).

Regards,

Dale.

Don’t know about Internet Explorer but I am using Firefox as my default browser and I keep having to reload pages after clicking a link to another page. I have noticed some problems when trying to access Babypips. A lot of cannot access or page not found error messages.

All i want from a web browser is to look at webpages and watch the occasional video. Internet explorer does that so why change to a different browsr ?

Same problem with Google Chrome (my browser).

What’s happening to Babypips is not related to any particular browser — it’s the result of a DDOS attack (from outside), plus certain defensive measures taken by Babypips (from their side).

In the Bugs and Suggestions forum, Pipstradamus suggests clearing your browser cache, in an attempt to resolve the navigation problem. By all means, try that. But, it didn’t work for me — I cleared my Chrome browser cache twice, on different days, and I still have the problem Pingback is describing.

I think we’ll just have to wait for the attack to subside, and for Babypips to return to their internal default settings.

It’s getting pretty annoying. I’ve already got in the habit of copying my posts before clicking submit in case it doesn’t go thru the first time : p

yes i get it

Maybe it’s fixed.

I’ve been surfing the Forum for about an hour, without any error messages, or navigation problems.

I’ve posted a couple of messages, one with a link and an image, and everything has worked perfectly.

I hope I haven’t jinxed the return to normal, by speaking too soon.

I keep getting a “Method not Implemented” error, using Firefox. It happens when clicking a link in babypips site, usually a link to the forum from the main page. It goes away after deleting history and cookies, but I have to delete Internet Explorer History folder and Firefox both. Don’t know anything about it, unless a virus or hacker. Other pages load O.K. Seems to be only Babypips.

Works fine on Chrome, Yesterday I had to reload pages, today is working as supposed.

Good morning,

Yep: so far so good today.

But you know what I was thinking just yesterday (and I’ve NO idea where this thought came from to be honest):

Can you imagine what would happen if every single Windows based workstation (right from Windows 3.1 thru Windows 7 and including all Windows Server Software) had a sort of ‘hidden bombout date’. In other words: at some particular time and date in the future these workstations would simply SECURELY erase their hard disk drives and that would be that i.e. not even reinstalling would help. It’s a frightening thought if you think of it and how we’ve become so reliant on all of this technology is ALL spheres of business (banks, medical, of course trading, military, you name it).

I know it’s probably ‘dumb’ and I’m no conspiracy theorist but it was just something that I thought of yesterday for some strange reason.

And as far a people ‘messing’ with THIS site: it can only be somebody who has had an altercation or a few on here (if it were me I’d be going through the list of banned members trying to find the culprit)!!! LOL!!! Hacking, for financial gain, I can understand. But simply for the fun of it??? That’s beyond me!!!

Anyway and yes Clint: I hope you’ve not jinxed it!!! LOL!!! Just in case I’ll copy this to the clipboard before cllicking on one of the ‘Post’ buttons!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Edit:

No problem posting!!! LOL!!!

D, i think we’ld just press ctr-alt-del, if it fails, pour water/milk/coffee on them, then rinse in methyl-spirit, and start installing afresh from cds backups. Alternatively, force re-boot into command prompt and remove the offending script, if fails reboot into livecd-mode and run gparted the wrong way so it sets-disklabel (dont try that at home), then start reloading backup image(s) from dvd. Might take two weeks though, millenium-bug.

Someone managed to hack into me for fun, so I am thinking in the lines of returning the favour. Turns out he’s on a corporate computer in USA-> might be too risky but seriously been thinking to hack him back (any tutorials/how-to’s are highly welcome.)

Hello,

Good points although my point was that because this would all have been hard coded into Windows your backups would not even work i.e. the moment you rebooted after the re-installation then the same thing would immediately start happening!!! LOL!!!

And aside from the above let me tell you from well over twenty or so years in the IT business: you would be horrified (I know I always was) at just how many people have had backup devices e.g. tapes (in those days), then optical disks, and later DVDs etc., and whatever new ‘fandangled’ devices are available now (I’ve been out of the business for a whle now so I’ve fallen behind) for backup purposes but either never used them or more ‘popular’ never checked that the backups were actually being done or were working properly. I have to admit that this was more your small type business and private individuals that were the most guilty of this type of thing i.e. most of the corporates that I’ve worked for were pretty good at backing up and checking those backups regularly. My worst case a a new client (well new to me). Somebody had installed a backup tape device and for three solid years they religiously backed up their accounting and manufacturing system (a LOT of historical data). Although the backup APPEARED to be working (the logs looked fine, it took ages to backup, that type of thing) the guy who installed it for them must have done something wrong or something had gone wrong along the way. They of course had a fallout of sorts at some point and got rid of the guy. A few months into our new relationship: their file server crashed and, of course, only then did everybody find out that the tape (because they were being rotated on a weekly basis) were blank!!! I felt really sorry for them particularly because they themselves had been religiously doing their backup (I never felt quite so sorry for people who have backup devices in place and either NEVER used them because it was too much trouble and took too much time or did a backup ‘now and then when the mood took them’)!!! LOL!!!

As for hacking: my only word of warning is ‘be careful’ where you look for online tutorials!!! For reasons which are of no consequence here I had a requirement to try and hack in to a Gmail email address. Most of these hacking sites are nothing OTHER than hackers who would LOVE to get a piece of software installed on YOUR PC not to help YOU but so that they access to your computer!!! Needless to say I never got too far with my exploits and decided let ‘the (legal) power that be’ look into the matter. The point is I guess: I cannot help you in that regard!!! LOL!!!

BOY!!! Talk about going ‘off-topic’!!! LOL!! (It’s a very bad habit I’ve gotten into)!!! LOL!!! Sorry guys.

And Clint: I don’t know how things are going on YOUR side but it lookes as though you ‘spoke too soon’!!! LOL!!! Just to GET to this thread I had to refresh a few times (and of course will be copying and pasting this message, especially given its length, before clicking on one of the ‘Post’ buttons). Of course it may be MY Internet connection i.e. since I no longer use a fix line Internet: the slightest HINT of bad weather in this country causes all manner of ‘bad things’ to happen to our cell networks (3G). It’s ridiculous that this has to happen in this day and age!!! And it doesn’t seem to be limited to here either i.e. I know one or two people in the UK (where one would ASSUME they’re ‘up to scratch’ on the technology or, at least, way ahead of us, that have exactly the same problems i.e. the moment there is more than one user on a base station everything seems to go ‘t*ts up’)!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Edit:

Nah. Sorry Clint. Things appear fine i.e. it would appear it’s my connection this time around (of course there’s a slight hint of a thunder storm on its way)!!! LOL!!!