EurUsd - Defies the Laws a Gravity

Doesn’t this pair understand that what goes up MUST COME DOWN! Seriously though, up till about 10 minutes ago. I was starting to think this thing was just gonna keep on going.

Why complain? It makes trading this pair relatively easy for the moment. Wait for a pullback to an identified support level and then enter long.

LOL, Fi, are you short? :stuck_out_tongue:

heh, I’m not anything now thanks to this…

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)–The U.S. dollar weakened against its rivals after the Federal Reserve provided few surprises in its interest-rates statement, signaling that its controversial bond-buying program would run its course through June.

Traders were bracing for a historic post-FOMC statement press conference by Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke. With little change in the Fed’s stance on inflation and rates to stay at record lows in the foreseeable future, markets can expect higher-yielding currencies to outperform the dollar, analysts said.

“The market expected a little more from the Fed than it got in terms of a transition toward hawkishness,” said Greg Anderson, strategist at Citigroup.

The euro hit its highest point against the dollar since December 2009.

After an initial knee-jerk reaction stronger following the FOMC statement, the dollar slipped against the euro and the Japanese yen. The euro hit $1.4733 against the dollar, while the dollar slipped to Y82.25.

The ICE Dollar Index, which tracks the U.S. dollar against a trade-weighted basket of currencies, fell to 73.557.

Yeah, I’m just waiting for an entry point now to go long.

I lost a lot in this pair and really lost as far as how much higher can it go giving the facts that Greece Ireland Portugal are barley above water.

At this point, it wouldn’t surprise me if the sucker tops 1.50 again.

So long as the US is printing money like there’s no tomorrow and showing no sign of tightening it’s monetary policy it’ll probably keep going higher unless we get some big shock to the system (like Greece defaulting tomorrow) that has people running back to the dollar. Until then there’s not much point trying to buck the trend in my opinion. The way easier trade is to go long on pullbacks until you see the fundamental situation change, er, fundamentally.

Sky is the limit.

Resistance seems to be @ 1.4880, I’m waiting for a better price to enter a long. 1.50 shouldn’t be a problem for the pair, but breaking above 1.51 should be difficult. We can’t just forget Greece, Portugal and Ireland, right?