Saying hello and asking a first question

Hi there!

I’m totally new to the world of Forex, and I take the chance to thank babypips for all the nice material provided :slight_smile:

I went through preschool and kindergarten in the past few days, and I was wondering: as I have really 0 experience in anything that’s economics-related (studied theoretical physics and willing to invest the capital earned playing poker), should I get some classic economics literature, e.g. a macroeconomics course, to study along with babypips’s lessons?

If so, could you please suggest me some books and/or sites, pages or whatever to have a look at?

Thanks a lot,
Cheers
bellavec

It’s kind of up to you. Some folks want to understand the fundamentals. Some don’t. If you decide you want to, really any book on macroeconomics will give you a good foundation of the things that drive exchange rates.

If you want to be a fundemental trader, I suppose you could. I really can’t say since I trade technicals.

If you decide to trade technicals though you don’t need to read economic books. After you go through the Babypips school take a look at books by Brett Steenbarger. Really good trading books.

Thank you very much for the input guys. Thus, I believe I’ll just go on with the school, and at a second time I’ll re-evaluate my interests and my needings.

Cya

Get involved in the discussions, in one great way to learn.