Scalping-is it worth the spread?

typically scalping is about scooping a small number of pips frequently, however, when I try the technique I find myself risking more than I have to potentially gain. does anyone have a system and or approach for scalping

You might look into an ECN broker as they have very low spreads. In some cases .5 pips on EurUsd, however, you need to be very aware of their commission fees.

Hope that helps,

fi

What are ECN brokers? If these brokers charge a commission, isn’t it just like charging spreads?

Well the spread is the difference between bid and ask, you buy on bid and sell on ask. Is not something your broker charge you.

yes indeedy. cmon post counts. just twenty prease, then ill stop posting pointless comments

sort of, but say for instance, you are getting charged anywhere from 1.8 - 2.5 pips in the spread with a DD broker and lets assume a mini lot. That’s about $1.80 a $2.50 a trade in spread charges.

Now say you have an ECN broker that is giving you .5 pip spreads with a flat rate of $0.84 per completed trade commission fee, you are making a pretty good savings for $1.80 - $1.34 = $.46 per trade. So when you are scalping, I am thinking that you are making a ton of trades. I was just pointing out, to shop around for the best pricing available for what and how you are wanting to trade.