Noob error?

So good news from australia, bad news from japan. Japanese yen is falling in wavesmidway between r1 and pivot. Phillip decides to go long on a retracement from the percieved third wave, stoch says yes. stop loss below the pivot, take profit below the previous high

high

So I awake to find a spike penetrating the pivot and oh… no it didnt, just grazed my stoploss, haha got me mr. markets. Funny guy. Buy more, it must be turning now. Then bam. Little wick stinger through my stoploss, 600 pips into my green underbelly.

I set my second stoploss a little lower tho so hope the pivot holds.

Candlesticks finally show signs of reversal (after the picture was taken), on with another buy. Looks like my bet may come through yetso not sure what my lesson should be from this trade gone sour

From my fundamentals (which may be unsound) I can see the pair moving up, the H4 chart confirms this but now my birthday candlestick seems to have beem lighting up another downtrend retracement eventhough I thought it was quite bullish

do I lower my stoploss or accept that a new downtrend is underway. Thats rhetorical. I don’t think it would be wise to extend my losses when its already quite murky water

thats it. stop loss beat again. 600 pips down. Was there a hole in my analyses or did I just get unlucky