Woess

I don’t think you’ll find a broker who’ll offer USD/COP.

I am famliar with the Colombian peso as I have spent much time there. Why do you care? Your curiosty has been no help to answering my question.

Now, why on earth would you want to trade the Colombian Peso? The mind boggles.

I didn’t even know what it was i.e I had to look it up on Google. I never found a broker for the chap but I did find this rather interesting little link: Weird Arbitrage Opportunities in Currency Trading : The USD/COP Case | Mechanical Forex.

Regards,

Dale.

Dale, you are the master of the interesting link!

I had no idea what cop was, either.

I am famliar with the Colombian peso as I have spent much time there. Why do you care? Your curiosty has been no help to answering my question.

Being ‘familiar’ with it and having spent much time there doesn’t mean that you’re going to be ‘natural’ at trading it (if you can find it) or any other pair for that matter. My collegue, believe it or not, would not have made that statement for no good reason so no reason to be so rude.

Anyway and now that we’ve got that out of the way: take a look at the comments made by the trader on the link that I’ve posted above. From what I gather: even IF you find it offered as a tradeable pair it could only be traded long-term from what I gather.

Regards,

Dale.

Dale, you are the master of the interesting link!

I had no idea what cop was, either.

LOL!!!

What can I tell you: I’ve got WAY too much free time on my hands at the moment (waiting for government departments to move SLIGHTLY faster than at a snail’s pace, no trading systems or indicators to ‘tinker about with’ i.e. I believe I’ve achieved ‘perfection’ in my indicator package so nothing to be done there although I never thought I’d see the day that I would ever be in a position to make a statement such as that, no new members on my forums that want to chat nor anybody interested in trading equity futures and commodities, and some long-term trades)!!! Woe is me!!! I think I need to find a hobby!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

No need to be snarky. The guy has a point… why would you want to trade something so obscure. If you’re in this to make money, trade something that is established and stable; it will be much more predictable.

Unless you have been trading USD/COP for a long time, you are not “familiar” with the COP. For example, I have been trading GBP/USD for a year and a half now. I would say I am becoming familiar with it. I have a better understanding of the correlation between the two currencies now and how to predict price movement. It has nothing to do with the fact that I am familiar with the United States, only the fact that I have made hundreds, maybe even thousands of trades on the pair.

I realize this probably isn’t what you want to hear, but I would think about it anyway. If you want to seriously take a stab at trading forex, learn to trade a big pair. Once you’re good at that, then you can go play with a riskier exotic pair.

I care because, from your participation on this forum that you are interested in trading forex, and since like most of the experienced participants on this forum, would if at all possible try to help.

Yeh so don’t ‘cop’ an attitude!!! LOL!!! (Sorry: only joking but couldn’t resist)!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

If you are a Cocaine Dealer and need some Colombian Peso’s to pay your supplier you may be interested!

If you are a Cocaine Dealer and need some Colombian Peso’s to pay your supplier you may be interested!

I think the suppliers would only take USD (although maybe nowadays they’d only accept EUR. Big mistake in my opinion)!!! LOL!!!

Of course: if you’re looking to ‘clean’ some money then contact me!!! LOL!!! I get to trade it and we share the profits made. How’s that for a good deal???

Regards,

Dale.

Your plan is flawed Dale… and if you lose it??? Where do we send the wreath? :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL!!!

I appreciate the concern!!! You have my address!!! LOL!!!

With all that I’ve been through and learned from my ‘spectacular wipeout’ and with all the time I’ve spent paper-trading and testing and tweaking my choice (‘basket’) of trading systems I’m confident enough to take the risk. And besides: just watching the Dow move at $1 000 or $10 000 per point on my lil ol’ trading platform for even a little while would be reward enough no matter what the FINAL outcome!!! LOL!!! (You can be DEAD sure that I’d not be trading USD/CON)!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

I just Googled the USD/COP and found out;
BID: 1,798.9950
Ask: 1,800.0000
that is some spread over 10,000 pips!!!

LOL!!! ROFLMAO!!!

Sounds like ‘my kind of FOREX pair’!!! LOL!!!

And I thought USD/RUB (400 pips) and GBP/ZAR (500) pips were bad!!! LOL!!! Although it’s common knowledge I’m no FOREX trader those are indeed the types of pairs that I will look at from time to time i.e. maybe I should take a look at this USD/COP!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

One wonders how much a bottle of rum would cost?

A bottle of DICTADOR - 20 Year Old Solera - Columbian Rum (70cl) will set you back a cool 142,185 COP

Geez!!! That must be some FINE Rum (I didn’t even know the Colombian’s even MADE Rum)!!! Are you sure that’s not some type of ‘private collection priceless pirate stash’ that they found somewhere??? LOL!!!

At the GBP/COP exchange rate (right now) that’s just shy of £49!!! And THAT is a few cents shy of R552 ZAR!!! I’ll buy my own thanks!!! For that price I can buy 4.25 (750ml) bottles of Captain Morgan here!!! Alright: I don’t know how long it takes from bottling in Jamaica to landing up on the shelves here (I’m sure it’s not 20-years) but it’ll do at THAT price!!! LOL!!! At the current ZAR/COP rate that’s only around 33 801 COP!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Here is a trade idea for USD/COP.

Long 1820,50
Stop 1780,00
Target 1920,00

The 50.0 % Fib is broken, so we can expect that the pair will move higher, first serious resistance is at 1920.

Imageshack - usdcop.png

I will pass on that one as I don’t think my broker takes COP trades. There is one he’ll of a spread on that pair too.