90% of traders lose money? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Old article but very interesting by "rhodytrader"

Some real data on forex trader success rates

As some folks here are aware, I'm doing a PhD at the moment. My broad focus is on trader performance, seen mainly from a Behavioral Finance perspective, though necessarily it will only be some fairly narrow aspects in terms of my dissertation. Along the way, though, I'll have some opportunities to go down a few paths of my own choosing. Since the whole question of whether 95% of traders actually fail is such a hot button topic, I figured I would take that on and share what I find. I've posted results from some initial work on my blog in the post Starting to detail forex profitability data. It's just a beginning at this stage (as the title suggests), but hopefully I'll be able to expand on it to provide some interesting insights. There's a lot of data and a lot of ways to slice and dice it. Give it a look and let me know what you think. Constructive criticism is both welcome and encouraged.

Read more: Some real data on forex trader success rates

It is a fact that the percentage of losing traders is very high. The main reason for this is that as trading is a business where there is not boundaries to limit your decisions so traders take emotional trades and lose money heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by bearish View Post
    I don't think so. It's right that there are lower percentage of people who can be successful in trading than people who are failed in here but there is no real data that there are 95% of losing traders and 5% of people who can trade and earn in forex. But out of that, there are only few traders who won in the business not automatically making you failure too. It's depending on your own skill of trading and your money management.
    Yes, you are exactly right, it depend from trading skill and mm. But like JamesBR said, it's probably less than 5% successful traders.

Forum Sponsors