Thank you Babypips

Hi there,

I'm a total newbie to babypips and would just like to thank all the folks involved in the school of pipsology. I have been looking for a reliable resource that can introduce me to forex for a while now and after spending a few weeks studying your school I think I have certainly found it!

I am very much enjoying working through all the info and am looking forward to contributing to your forums (as soon as I know what I’m talking about).
The question I have is one I’m sure comes up alot. what books and other learning resources can you recommend I use after learning all I can from your school section? Ideally something that bridges the gap between the school of pipsology and starting a demo account?
Any related info would be great.

Cheers,  
     JP

Hi JP,

Like you, I am also a newbie. I just finished reading through the school of pipsology. The next step I am going to take, is going back through the school of pipsology, and taking notes on the different lessons. By taking notes, I am just copying and pasting the important points from the lessons into a word document. My goal is to reduce the lessons into the main points. From there I can go through my notes and make sure I understand the material. I want to reduce the material from the school of pipsology as much as I can, in order to learn the material better. I am not staying up all night doing this, I am just doing a little bit every night after work. You may or may not want to do this. But just wanted to throw the idea out there in case it helps. As you can probably tell from my name, I am a serious poker player. And this is the same way I learned how to play poker profitably. I would read a good book on how to play poker, and then go back through the book and take notes. It helped me learn the fundamentals behind proper poker strategy.

I am also, looking for a good book on ForEx, but do not know any yet. After I take notes on the School Of Pipsology, I will then seek out a good book on ForEx. Hopefully, someone can give a good suggestion on what is a good ForEx book for beginners. Thanks.

John

Hello, [B]JP[/B] and [B]PokerAggie[/B], and welcome to the Forum.

Three questions keep coming up, over and over again, here on the Forum. One of them is “What book do you recommend.”

Here is a link to a book list which I compiled some time ago, based on recommendations made over the years by many members of this Forum — 301 Moved Permanently

Also check out — 301 Moved Permanently

Here is a list of [B]136 Investopedia articles[/B] specifically on forex topics — Forex Articles and Insight

Finally, this isn’t what you asked for, but it’s the best advice I can give you.

Before you risk being swamped with information overload — a very real risk for eager beginners — study this thread — 301 Moved Permanently

The author of this thread, Michael Huddleston, can teach you B[/B] how to ignore about 90% of the “book learning” you are so eagerly pursuing, B[/B] how to master the art of price-action trading, based almost entirely on support and resistance, and B[/B] how to become one of the few who actually succeed at forex trading.

Maybe you’re not yet ready for something as simple and straight-forward as Michael’s approach. Maybe you have to chase some rabbits, first. If so, there are enough rabbits in the reading lists mentioned above to keep you busy for a long while.

When you [B]are[/B] ready to actually learn how to trade, Michael’s thread will still be here.

Good luck.

Just take one thing into consideration. It could take a few years where you are consistently profitable.

It needs total of 10000 hrs of learning, practice to become professional