MT4 server Time Help

Hi all, new here.
Simple (I hope) question … is it possible to adjust the server time in MT4. My demo account (Oanda) is based on US time and I would like it to show based on GMT time.

Is this possible?
TIA

Hi,

The short answer is no. The daily closing time of the charts is broker dependant and controlled (there’s an entire, recent, thread on this topic right here). I believe I’ve seen one or two custom written indicators or EAs (whatever they’re called i.e. I don’t trade with MetaTrader but do constantly need to test on behalf of clients) where one can change the time being DISPLAYED on the charts but THIS IS NOT THE SAME THING as ‘forcing’ the charts to be redrawn or repainted to close at YOUR time chosen.

Regards,

Dale.

Thanks Dale. I thought that might be the answer.

If you are anyone else has links to customised time indicators then that would be great to have a look at.

Cheers

No problem.

I myself would be interested to see a customised time indicator that ACTUALLY REDRAWS THE CHARTS THEMSELVES as opposed to ONLY changing the DISPLAY time. It SURELY has to be possible given that each bar is theoretically made up of individual ticks so if the ticks are available as raw data then I don’t see how it could be such a big of an issue to redraw the charts themselves (although YOU MAY end up having to do it in something like Excel which MAY end up being more trouble than it’s worth)!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.